Karoq 19 inch Crater Alloy Wheels

K100RS

My wifes Skoda Karoq  front wheels have been damaged hitting the kerb when parking .

I have contacted a local dealer who just repairs alloys and has come back to me wanting to know if they are Diamond Cut?

The car is a Karoq 1.5TSI 150ps ACTSEL reg in Sept 2020 with Bridgestone Turan tyres and the spec when purchased said 19 inch Crater Allooy Wheels but I don't know about the request on diamond cutting?

Does anybody know what process they had by the manufacture.

Flying Brick

44 minutes ago, K100RS said:

My wifes Skoda Karoq  front wheels have been damaged hitting the kerb when parking .

I have contacted a local dealer who just repairs alloys and has come back to me wanting to know if they are Diamond Cut?

The car is a Karoq 1.5TSI 150ps ACTSEL reg in Sept 2020 with Bridgestone Turan tyres and the spec when purchased said 19 inch Crater Allooy Wheels but I don't know about the request on diamond cutting?

Does anybody know what process they had by the manufacture.

Flying Brick

I have these wheels and I didn't think they are diamond cut. I hit a kerb (forced in too close by a blue-light ambulance) and the refurbisher said they are diamond cut.

Thanks langers2K and Routemaster146.

Yes my alloy wheels are as in the photo so can only presume they are diamond cut. Don't know what the difference is once they are silver coated by the manufacture or how you can tell  not ever having played around with these wheels.

Had a quote from a company called BA Wheels for £192.00 for the front pair finished as original.  

Is this a reasonable charge as never had to send in motorbike rims or car rims before?

FlyingBrick

6 minutes ago, K100RS said:

Yes my alloy wheels are as in the photo so can only presume they are diamond cut. Don't know what the difference is once they are silver coated by the manufacture or how you can tell  not ever having played around with these wheels.

Had a quote from a company called BA Wheels for £192.00 for the front pair finished as original.  

Is this a reasonable charge as never had to send in motorbike rims or car rims before?

FlyingBrick

When I had mine done in early 2022 I paid ~£110 for one wheel, so £192 for 2 seems pretty good.

1 hour ago, K100RS said:

FlyingBrick

Yes £105 per  wheel....or £175 if they discover a buckle, which I have just paid for my son's Audi 19" Turbine to be repaired. It was either but the kerb or hit  the oncoming bus! I thought £175 was a bit rich until I saw that a new set of wheel rims  was £ 3360 at 30% discount according to one website. Madness. 

Thanks Redboy will have to cough up like yourself. If the rim was not so badly roughed up where she hit the curb would have rubbed it down with wet and dry then a spray lacquer to finish it off.

Really does need a lathe and tool bit to cut some off the rim edge. Dam low profile tires and Bridgestone Turan  branded that came with the new car gives no protection at all.

Will change next year to Michelin all seasons tires that are on my Yeti and brilliant gripping in the wet and winter.

Stick to my van steel wheels with a plastic wheel cover now lasted 20 years and no dents on the steel rims as the tires stick well out.