VRS Position Light MOT Failure

As the title says, got an Mk2 VRS that's had position lights inoperative as an MOT failure. From research and other forums this is referring to the blue bulbs which aren't connected to anything correct?

Where do I stand. If I remove the bulbs for the retest will it pass? What can be done in future. Is there a splice in kit for these. What have others done in the past.

Lastly can I get the original failures overturned and how do I tell the MOT without sounding like  d**khead

6 minutes ago, Rooted said:

The examiner made an error if the sidelights are on.  That is the DRL units less bright. On as sidelights with sidelight switch or with headlights.   Common mistake. 

Does a mk 2 fabia 2011 have drls?

Had this happen to me on MOT lucky the tester send to me if i had 2 blub and put them in he wouldn`t fall it.

So had to explain to him about the DRL are the sidelight as they dim it pass in the end but lesson learned for me so now i take it to my dealer for MOT and it pass ever year with no problems

19 hours ago, Rooted said:

The retest is on the failed items and in this case that would be a pi$$ take too far if they tried it on.   Are the sidelights as the DRL,s working dim front, rears on and reg plate lights? 

wasn't aware of this. Yep every other bulb on the car works fine. I am wondering if it's worth turning the DRL off with the switch

You have a switch which is good, later ones do not.

Yes turning the DRL,s off should have him / her see that it is Sidelights on with the Sidelight switch and sidelights and headlights on with Dipped & Full Beam in the headlights. 

No Sidelight in headlight to not be seen when when Dipped and Full beam are on, yet some can think Fog Lights are on....  

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the information!

Found a reliable MOT tester who knows all the rules and know what to look for. Also didn't take offence when I explain the light situation.

Thank you all

• Thanks 1