my new(to me) nearly "poverty spec" Superb

actually there is one observation I meant to make after taking a ferret around in the settings.

I notice that under the ACC options you can configure it for Comfort|Normal|Eco|Sports however the car doesn't have a mode selector to switch between these in "non acc" driving.

Is it possible to add the switch or would it likely also need wiring loom and coding??

• Sponsor
21 hours ago, Winston_Woof said:

actually there is one observation I meant to make after taking a ferret around in the settings.

I notice that under the ACC options you can configure it for Comfort|Normal|Eco|Sports however the car doesn't have a mode selector to switch between these in "non acc" driving.

Is it possible to add the switch or would it likely also need wiring loom and coding??

This is simply just how aggressive/economically the ACC itself behaves. You only have the option to change it manually because you don't have drive modes, if you had them then the ACC would be adjusted automatically

Drive modes are SWaP so protected features 

They can be added but they're not cheap. It's not just a case of adding a button and turning it on

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits

18 minutes ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

This is simply just how aggressive/economically the ACC itself behaves. You only have the option to change it manually because you don't have drive modes, if you had them then the ACC would be adjusted automatically

Drive modes are SWaP so protected features 

They can be added but they're not cheap. It's not just a case of adding a button and turning it on

cheers

so no option to add them as an infotainment option without a button? shame as the settings are obviously there ;o)

• Sponsor
1 hour ago, Winston_Woof said:

cheers

so no option to add them as an infotainment option without a button? shame as the settings are obviously there ;o)

Drive modes aren't located in the infotainment unit, they're in the diagnostic gateway. They aren't functional without a valid license for each drive mode 

We can install them though 🙂

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits

35 minutes ago, Winston_Woof said:

cheers

apologies, that was a tongue in cheek comment. I did understand what you originally wrote.

I was merely pondering outwardly :)

• Like 1