Is my vRS really chipped/remapped ?

Hello All,

Had some car issues recently which got resolved, and wondered if it affected its performance.

To my surprize, for a 440k km car, its really snappy.

Did not know to ask this when I bought it, but was through an intermediate and probably did not knew either.

The car was taken care of really good, and still looks good, and I am trying to take good care of it.

The dealership told me that they do not work with remaps and would not go into checking for one.

The other day, I found this post

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/463072-chippedremapped-how-would-you-know/ --

Specifically, this

hZV0Uwf.png

So as a good boy, I've done what was listed here, and these are the results.

image.thumb.jpeg.0582ff3ecaed32316d493b2cdd3d4d73.jpeg

Could not find an empty street, but florred it on straight ones once traffic was empty.

On the highway it actually goes to 25, but could not make a screenshot when driving, and Torque wiped the data when I stopped.

I also have a VCDS but don't know how I can go about checking with it.

So, is the engine remapped or I did not check it correctly?

49 minutes ago, Shaiogded said:

The dealership told me that they do not work with remaps and would not go into checking for one.

So how do they know whether the car has one or not if they don't (can't?) check?

They unwilling to check for this type of modifications as they do not work with them.

Basically its not something standard for them and they won't do it.

If there was an ECU issue (which isn't) they would just reset everything, which may or may not reset the map, depending how it was done, if there is a modification.

So, in order not to mess with the car, they wont poke around that bit.

I never said they know or don't know if its remapped.

I stated that I tried to ask for help from my Skoda dealer, just in case anyone would suggest that, here.

To be clear, their answer is "No" and I totally agree with them, its not part of their job.
If this was an issue, which I need to stress the "not an issue", then they woul've restored everything to factory defaults, which I don't wan't them to, if there is a modification.

Probably overexplaining, sorry!