More newbie vcds questions

Hi all.

New to the forum and to Skodas, so please be gentle with me.

I have recently joined the forum after collecting my first ever Skoda - a 2023 model Kodiaq 200 tdi L&K. A really nice car that I would like to make even better by making a few minor adaptations.

I have read through the VCDS / OBD11 discussions, and I think that even though I only plan on doing some minor 'tweaks', I will steer clear of the OBD11 and order myself a Ross-Tech Hex-V2 which seems to be the correct tool for my car.

However, as I know nothing about coding on these cars, and will be learning as I go, I first wanted to make sure that the adaptations I want to make can actually be done, and secondly is there a resource somewhere that might have instructions on how to make the changes to the coding safely?

All I want to do is:

activate easy entry / exit for driver and passenger

Turn off auto stop start

make auto high beam remember its last setting

and turn off the annoying beeps when the tailgate opens.

If any of the forum experts could let me know that this can be done, and possibly point me towards some useful resources, I will know that I can safely order the tool and begin learning all about it.

Thanks,

David

Welcome David.

TBH if you aren't going to use it regularly you are better off finding someone local to code the car for you for a few beer tokens.

I imagine most things are going to be locked with SFD though, so you will need someone who can also do that (most owners won't be able to do this but it can be done with certain OBDeleven subscriptions... I personally unlock with OBDeleven then code with VCDS.)

Take a look in the link in my signature for someone local to you with VCDS.

• Like 1