Kodiaq sat nav

HI

My question is, when you enter a postcode as a destination,  when you go to previous/ saved destinations it listed them as map co-ordinate???( you can't tell which route they are)Other cars I've had would list them as postcode and address- anyone know can format be changed and how?

When we first bought our Karoq I couldn’t understand why when inputting a postcode it always generated map co-ordinates, even when the postcode might be for say a NT property. I’ve since been led to believe from forum responses that the satnav pinpoints the centre of the postcode so could cover a large area. Obviously in my example you’d hope a NT property would then be highlighted on the map. That’s all well and good but doesn’t work if you’re heading to a normal address in which case it’s best to input the exact address rather than postcode. Bit clumsy but it does seem to work and iirc it’ll save that as the previous destination

Edited by BTandSid

As mentioned above, a post code covers an area. Or sometimes a street if you’re lucky.

For an urban destination I always use the street info.

Tomorrow I have to take a grandchild to a strange out of town destination and I’ll have use the given post code, but I’ve also been given a “target” cross road on a google map screen shot.  Fingers crossed.

As an aside - I do a lot of trip planning on my pc using Basecamp alongside Google maps as I continue to use stick on Garmin GPS devices on 4 wheels and 2.  The planning of routes following a path of my choosing is part of the fun a the Garmin device will get me to my destination with pinpoint accuracy.

I let the built in car satnav simply display the best shot at final destination.  The road map in front of me helps with road layouts in towns.

But does the ‘strange out of town destination’ not have a road name attached to it? 

Edited by BTandSid

39 minutes ago, BTandSid said:

But does the ‘strange out of town destination’ not have a road name attached to it? 

No. This is “out of town” Scotland 😀

I’ve been given both Post Code and Coordinates.

IMG_6635.jpeg

IMG_6634.jpeg

I admire your persistence, I gave up on the inbuilt sat nav a good few years ago. The app called Waze displayed on the headunit using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay works so much better for me.

I just start typing the street name and nine times out of ten it’s the right one.

6 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I admire your persistence, I gave up on the inbuilt sat nav a good few years ago. The app called Waze displayed on the headunit using Android Auto or Apple CarPlay works so much better for me.

I just start typing the street name and nine times out of ten it’s the right one.

I use Google Maps, as I find the built-in satnav is ok to get to a town, but I frequently require to get to somewhere which i don't necessarily have an address for. It easy to say, OK Google, navigate to 'hotel name' and town, and usually this will find it for me. I also have Waze, but I tend to only use it as a backup (I also need navigation on a second car which does't have built-in. I don't know whether Waze responds to voice commands.

• Like 1

I have a data SIM card and use the Online POI search function. It always gets me right spot without any fuss.