Time frame from factory to UK

Maybe best ask the Sales Executive at the Supplying Dealership, they are involved in new cars being in transit from the factory on a weekly basis. 

If they say they have no idea then that might be near the truth. 

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1

As mentioned above there’s no hard and fast timeframe but from my car arriving at Emden to me taking delivery took three weeks.

It was a 23 MY Karoq if that makes a difference, ordered November ‘22 and delivered March ‘23 (exactly a year ago yesterday).

• Like 1

Takes 1-2 days from factory to Emden docks by rail

Can sit at Emden anything from couple of days to few weeks depending on ship sailing schedule

2-5 days sailing (might go via other ports), before arriving Sheerness, Grimsby or Tyne.

Typically will then wait for other cars going to same dealer, to fill a transporter (might be split load with another dealer), anything from day to about 16 days.

Depending on if your salesman is on the ball, and books in PDI in workshop can be ready within 48 hours of arrival, however as others have found when trying to book a service or warranty work, some dealerships have waits of 5 weeks for workshop space, so if it has to join workshop queue could sit there for few weeks before ready for handover.

• Like 1