Scala battery type

7 minutes ago, Warrior193 said:

If you feed the mains supply cable into the engine compartment beneath the edge of the LH headlight trim panel, you will find you can fully close the hood with the charger in place. 

Thank you. Good idea.

I could also remove some of the insulation from said mains cable 🤫, but that could involve me in a different kind of charge!

A post I saw recently suggested wrapping insulating tape around bits of the cable, simulating multiple repairs: makes the charger look like it’s in a bad way…

44 minutes ago, Skotastic said:

Thank you. Good idea.

I could also remove some of the insulation from said mains cable 🤫, but that could involve me in a different kind of charge!

A post I saw recently suggested wrapping insulating tape around bits of the cable, simulating multiple repairs: makes the charger look like it’s in a bad way…

My suggestion works well with the Octavia and the common, flat type of double-insulated cable usually found on low wattage appliances.

Sorry I didn't mean you had to have the bonnet open, I just did that as it made it easy for me to see the figures on the charger by just looking out the spare room window, with a torch as the backlight goes out, and it saves me having to guess how much longer the charging might take and having to get dressed up to go outside at such temperatures.

Only this lunchtime I put that charger on to my neighbour's car and as he worries someone might steal something from the engine bay I hook the wire under a bit of plastic on the slam panel and shut the bonnet, lock the car so that its alarm is also on.  Means the charger also has the computers drawing power but hopefully some of them go to sleep at some point.  0.3v draw initially at least.  I only wonder if someone might steal the charger.  😄