Spare wheel help

Hi all, 

I got a 2016 MK3 6 months ago. Dealer put a set of 18” alloys on them. I thought they were Vega’s. There is no spare wheel and I’m not keen on a space saver. I checked one of the full size wheels in the boot. It does lift the floor slightly but not a big deal. I was therefore looking for a full size wheel to match the ones I’ve got. Can anyone advise me what these wheels are please? 

thanks. 

IMG_3369.jpeg

The Vega wheels come in 19 inch grey on the superb and 18 inch black on the octavia, make sure not to confuse the 2 and buy the wrong one :)

51 minutes ago, Carlston said:

These are slightly different. Where they angle out at the top these are completely black, whereas the ones I have are half black/half alloy. Have my wheels been re machined? 

24 minutes ago, Andyrew1983 said:

These are slightly different. Where they angle out at the top these are completely black, whereas the ones I have are half black/half alloy. Have my wheels been re machined? 

What is the OEM part number of the rims? This number is cast into the back of the rims.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2024 at 08:23, HappySam said:

Yours looks more like this Vega "style" wheel.

https://cmwheels.com/products/18″-skoda-vega-style-wheels-gloss-black-machined/

Thanks for your help. This is where the wheels were bought. I did enquire as to whether they would sell a single wheel but they will only sell the set of four. 

so I still need a spare wheel. What’s my options? Can you get a steel wheel the same size? Or is it better with a space saver or slightly similar alloy of same size? 

I bought a full size wheel because I towed a caravan and didn't want to get stuck towing with a space saver.

Not towing now and changed my car which has a space saver, I'm happy with that. So it's horses for courses really. Also how many times do you see your spare. That's my take on things. 

The roads are so bad that I was thinking more of something happened to one of the alloys eg. A buckle, I would have an identical spare to swap it out if that ever occurred. 

if I was to go for a space saver, what size would be need considering the wheels on the car are 18” wheels with low profile tyres? 

On 08/03/2024 at 15:37, Andyrew1983 said:

Hi all, 

I got a 2016 MK3 6 months ago. Dealer put a set of 18” alloys on them. I thought they were Vega’s. There is no spare wheel and I’m not keen on a space saver. I checked one of the full size wheels in the boot. It does lift the floor slightly but not a big deal. I was therefore looking for a full size wheel to match the ones I’ve got. Can anyone advise me what these wheels are please? 

thanks. 

On 09/03/2024 at 08:23, HappySam said:

Yours looks more like this Vega "style" wheel.

https://cmwheels.com/products/18″-skoda-vega-style-wheels-gloss-black-machined/

20 hours ago, Andyrew1983 said:

Thanks for your help. This is where the wheels were bought. I did enquire as to whether they would sell a single wheel but they will only sell the set of four. 

so I still need a spare wheel. What’s my options? Can you get a steel wheel the same size? Or is it better with a space saver or slightly similar alloy of same size? 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, HappySam said:

spacer.png

Ha I’m not that stupid. At the time of me asking the question, I had no idea whether the wheels were Skoda wheels or copies or where they were bought. Since someone directed me to that website, I’ve put two and two together, this seller isn’t too far away from the car dealer I bought the Octavia from.  

• Like 1

It's just a spare wheel which, hopefully, will not needed for entire life.
If brake size allows, maybe get cheap steel disc with 205/55R16 tyre? This will not "lift up" floor for sure.

• Like 1