Rattle from front of yeti

Noggs69

2015 yeti outdoor 4x4 2.0 diesel 108bhp manual, 96k.

Bloody annoying loud rattle/knock from the front end that seems to be getting worse, bumpy Road or not, mainly when straight. 

You will need to get underside to check it out.

But this might help......

These have a small ball joint either end & can sometimes give a rattle like noise.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aq59j-B6Po

Or

Top Suspension mounts.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MClb8USuvs

Of course it might not be any of these, but could be the sleeping policeman you ran over...😉

• Haha 1

My original yeti was a diesel and it had an annoying rattle from around the engine bulkhead definitely not a knock though, turned out it was the metal pipes that ran across there from the servo. The clips installed from manufacture wasn’t enough so I packed them with foam sections. I put a post and pictures on here that was probably 2012 right enough.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Servicepoint3 said:

My original yeti was a diesel and it had an annoying rattle from around the engine bulkhead definitely not a knock though, turned out it was the metal pipes that ran across there from the servo. The clips installed from manufacture wasn’t enough so I packed them with foam sections. I put a post and pictures on here that was probably 2012 right enough.

Found the comment thanks

Replacement anti-roll bar drop link cured my rattle/knocking.

Garage said difficult to locate exact source of sound when driven, until car up on ramp and wheel (NSF) free to 'fiddle about'.   

• Like 2