New entry level BEV the Epiq to be launched in 2025

@Lee

Nice, "unveil 2025".

Seem to have V2L as well:

image.png.803bcf6e3b4bf21c436bd9737e094e67.png

TBH, vehicle discharge capability and battery spec is all I care about these days. A car is a car, they will all drive the same.

• Like 1

Another SUV style car, stupid for the city. Whoever starts making normal looking small EVs will make a killing. This could have been an electric Fabia with much wider appeal IMHO. The e-UP had long waits for new cars when VW closed the order book (has long waits as still being made to fulfil the order book AFAIK) so the demand is there. Cities are imposing ULEZ / ZEZ across europe so a small EV city car will be in big demand and skoda come up with this. The Dacia Spring will kick this one's butt on price alone.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Luckypants said:

Another SUV style car, stupid for the city. Whoever starts making normal looking small EVs will make a killing. This could have been an electric Fabia with much wider appeal IMHO. The e-UP had long waits for new cars when VW closed the order book (has long waits as still being made to fulfil the order book AFAIK) so the demand is there. Cities are imposing ULEZ / ZEZ across europe so a small EV city car will be in big demand and skoda come up with this. The Dacia Spring will kick this one's butt on price alone.

Hard agree. The market's flooded with EV SUVs - we're in danger of being flooded with cheap city EV's from the East IMO with their low labour and build costs.

Edited by @Lee
  • Like 2

Youtube video of well known, to many of us interested in Electric vehicles what they actually cost, ie not the RRP, and therefore the true depreciation is much smaller than the click bate press would have believed.  Sorry about his sponsor taking a minute or so despite them being quite interesting to many EV users..........    

• Love it! 1

I remember those 2017 articles from car magazine saying how much Leaf/Zoe have depreciated. But in reality they haven't taken into account of government grant, always compared against sticker price.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wyx087 said:

I remember those 2017 articles from car magazine saying how much Leaf/Zoe have depreciated. But in reality they haven't taken into account of government grant, always compared against sticker price.

xactly that.  I paid nowhere near the 33k sticker price fo my Zoe, probably about three quarters of the price with the Government, Renault national and dealer discount and then there is the cheap 1.9% finance to with money having devalued by about a quarter since i got the car.

With PCP I will choose whether I want to keep the car for the balloon payment or handed it back and it has been a great experience and Renault's data has been an underestimation in my experience as Renault has assumed climate set to 22C, as the fairer sex oft have it, as a bloke I usually have it at 20C and sometime lower and have the climate off completely and just the heated seat on which rarely gives me a range of less than 200 miles.

The experience of running the Zoe EV has been pleasant and I have done well over thr 6k miles I PCP'd to do, if I retire not sure if I will do less or more miles as I will keep a second car, either the Arkana fo a while or a new Model 3 SR but that will not be as cheap if I cannot get it thou salary sacrifice.  

Driving an EV, even a cheap one like the Zoe, £280 a month for a 200-250 miles range car, with energy running costs of 2p a mile but claiming the 45p tax relief for the first 10k miles as i get no business mileage reclaiming but do get a petrol fuel card for my mild hybrid Arkana so near equal running cost as petrol effectively 30p a litre.  

But it is the wish to be environmentally friendly that drives choice of which vehicle to take in combination with range and easy of making the journey by pure EV or hybrid.

• Like 1

On 15/03/2024 at 18:37, cheezemonkhai said:

I’m waiting for an estate …

with 800v batteries.

If Skoda brought out an EV estate with decent range they could probably just take my money. Even without 800V.

Something like the ID7 tourer but perhaps a class down - more Octavia-sized than Superb-sized - would be perfect for me.

I know Skoda have said they will have some sort of "Combi" EV "by 2026" but given Skoda have a good reputation for estates, and the EV estate market isn't exactly flooded, I'm hoping they're aiming at a sooner timescale than that.

• Like 3