Mini-meet at Wareham + a Coast Run, Dorset, July 16th

devonutopia

Well, who's up for a little mini-meet in the Dorset area on July 16th, which I'm fairly sure is a Sunday. Doesn't have to be in Wareham, but around that area I'm sure there's some nice places to explore. Perhaps a "reverse" Jurassic Coast run? Perhaps head down to Lulworth cove first, then down to Weymouth and Portland Bill - grab some lunch around there somewhere, then continue up Chesil Beach and stopping off at a few places, maybe stopping at West Bay. It'll be a general coast run I think - Make it up as we go along. :D

I might be a bit hung over from the night before, but I propose a 10am meeting at Wareham and "take it from there" - Who's up for it? :cool:

1) Jason - devonutopia

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Jason - devonutopia

2) Emily-Elizabeth and Vlad

3) Tigger & Bex (only if I'm able to drive by then)

4) Cheezemonkhai (If SWMBO agrees and I am in the country)

Out of interest the industrial estate in wareham ahs a really nice long straight and two huge roundabouts at the end there ;)

Out of interest the industrial estate in wareham ahs a really nice long straight and two huge roundabouts at the end there ;)

:thumbup: Perhaps some testing is required as to exactly how far is between each roundabout. :cool:

Well they are lorry turning roundabouts, and I know i could get up to the legal limit in a non turbo disel before the end of the straight.

When i worked in that sort of area the bikers used to come down and do what i shall call ' high speed brake tests' after taking a few laps up and down to get some serious speed up ;):D:D:D:D

Draw a map of your proposed route as I know the areas you are on about but could do with seeing it in the flesh like :)

Or just tell me, when you meet are you going to be heading east or west? I have to work out if it's worth it. Time is money you know :cool:

Map :eek: the route is random

but we will stop at Portland Bill Lulworth Cove and Lime Regis.

Also a Nice View point near Chesil Beach

OH YEAH

I won't meet you at Wareham

I'll meet you all between 10am - 11am in the Lulworth Cove main Carpark

That way I can have a walk around to see all the lovely views with Becky

:D

Anyone hazzard a guess at how long it will take me to get to Lulworth cove from Lymington? Ive been before but that was years ago :cool:

Mappoint reckons about an hour and a half, although it's only about 40 miles so you might be able to shave a few minutes off that time ;)

Chris

:bump::huep: :bump::huep::bump::huep::bump::huep:

:huep: :bump::huep::bump::huep::bump::huep: :bump:

Come on people, only a week away now!

1) Jason - devonutopia

2) Emily-Elizabeth and Vlad

3) Tigger & Bex

4) Cheezemonkhai (If SWMBO agrees and I am in the country)

5) AntvRS - Anthony...

6)Chris & Sue & Aaron (If the new ones ready)