eternaly problem p2002 effieciency below threshold particulate trap bank 1

i have a superb 2019, this car have this error from 78000km, in this moment 131000km, problem still not solved, i changed egr cooler low pressure, dpf cleaned, nox senzor replaced, differential pressure sensor replaced, adblue injector replaced. All parts are buyed new oem , not after market.  I checked all hoses in the system, is intact all. 

Error p2002 from vcds diagnose appear at 300-500km, when i ride moustly in the city, error check engine appear , at diagnose p2002 show. 

What is the solution for that? 

At dealer told me , about firmware ecu..is latest.. no new version now.

Wait for answers! Thanks!

• Confused 1

Why are you replacing nox and adblue sensors and components for a DPF fault - they aren’t at all related?

As the fault code states - the DPF filter is not doing its job effectively so there are 2 things it can be:

-too much soot is going through the DPF and it can’t handle it 

-DPF is damaged or too full of ash and needs replacing 

At this point with the money you have spent on parts you would have been better off paying someone very clued up for a full and comprehensive diagnosis.

Have live data been checked for ash and soot levels? DPF Back pressure? Turbo seals? Oil quality and type? Boost pressure? Any boost leaks? Air filter? Fuel quality? Injector spray pattern? Fuel pressure? Compression test? Substrate on DPF damaged? Exhaust restrictor valve working properly? Coked up inlet ports? 

These are just a few things that need to be checked as they can all cause a poor burn and produce excess soot that is blocking the DPF too quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I checked all hoses and gaskets,  live data not yet, soon i make that, all parts has been replaced at dealer, not my option. Engine run smooth..not oil consumption

Dpf oil ash its not that much, i cleaned the dpf a month ago, when i look inside its like new, regen shees make it in 10 15 minutes at 300 km , outside on highway at 450 500 km.

I suppose is something on intake system, its little bit more diesel consumption, on highway i have at 160kmh on cruise control, 8.5-9 liters per 100 km

• 1 month later...

problem solved, dpf replacement, from factory have a leak, and smoke came out in engine and exhaust, all sensors have a loot of smoke on them, at the end of muffler haove smoke.

Now everythinyg is clean, zero errors, 

engine run more smooth, no back pressure on turbo. I bought a  secon hand dpf from a car with 40.000 km from 2020 passat b8 same engine . 500 euros she cost me plus montage.

On 23/03/2024 at 08:08, cipi78 said:

I checked all hoses and gaskets

You said you already checked all hoses and gaskets? 
I assume this wasn’t actually the case at this point then?

Was a smoke test carried out then and an exhaust leak detected?

You dont understand, dpf have inside a leak, and smoke pass through dpf filter directly on egr, sensors and exhaust. 

First time this problem appear at 78000km, ar dealer make a forced regeneration, and thats it. Dpf replacement is expensive choice for any producer.  I contact the dealer, and shee say....i dont care.. sue company🤣

Majority of producers, when have parts with production issues...not choose to replace expensive parts. I have friends with premiun cars...same **** with dealers...sue...lawiers...and finaly replace engine or gearbox or differential on waranty. Dealer always complain about bad driving skills...not bad parts at all🤣🤣

On 28/04/2024 at 16:55, cipi78 said:

You dont understand, dpf have inside a leak, and smoke pass through dpf filter directly on egr, sensors and exhaust. 

First time this problem appear at 78000km, ar dealer make a forced regeneration, and thats it. Dpf replacement is expensive choice for any producer.  I contact the dealer, and shee say....i dont care.. sue company🤣

Majority of producers, when have parts with production issues...not choose to replace expensive parts. I have friends with premiun cars...same **** with dealers...sue...lawiers...and finaly replace engine or gearbox or differential on waranty. Dealer always complain about bad driving skills...not bad parts at all🤣🤣

Ah the dpf substrate had a hole through it you mean? No back pressure I guess?

Some little crack inside of dpf...its a fabrication issue. If the smoke go directly on egr and after that on intake cause bad running of engine and sensor error.

Ah the dpf substrate had a hole through it you mean? No back pressure I guess?

exactly, a hole inside of dpf...but this error caused by multiple factors...in my case that is the fact. I replaced everything until a mechanic discover smoke on muffler and differential pressure big after couple kilometeres, 180 km and diff pressure are on idle 21 22 hpa, with new dpf on idle are 5 or 6 hpa, after regen 1 2 hpa...zerro black smoke on muffler ...zerro errors on diagnose. I say that after 2000 km whit new dpf.

High DPF differential pressure does not correlate with a hole in the DPF matrix but the opposite.

• Like 1

Smoke black enter on intake via egr, this is auto destruction for engine and dpf.

Particulate filter not allow to pass black smoke.

Before regen are made it at 150 200 km, adblue a loot of comsuption...now regen at 300 km on city drove...outside 500 600 km.