Squeaking ONLY over speed bumps & potholes

Hi All, changed outer tie rod still squeaky ONLY over bumps also tried silicone spray on all bushes. With better light & further investigation I have supplied a photo of as far as I can tell the only sorry looking bit of rubber is the bush on the (wishbone) or lower arm. Would you say the wear in the photo is enough to give a squeak?20240329_124849.thumb.jpg.e04feae0b2df97258debc9a52bee42a9.jpg

The photo shows what appears to be metal to metal contact, what more could you want to see?

Or am I mistaken?

Rubber to metal bonded bushes do not squeak unless mounting bolts are loose, metal to metal contact through excessive joint articulation is what squeaks.

Edited by J.R.
  • Like 1

Mine started doing this a while ago, I changed the following:

Lower wishbones and bushes to original OEM spec. (after trying Poly bushes - which were truly awful due to the level of vibration)

Drop Links.

Anti Roll Bar bushes.

It is still doing it - my conclusion is now the top mounts, which are on the to do list.

Hi SJFisher67, Sorry your a fellow suffer!

I will check the top mount, only one side for me currently.

I was on the net earlier looking for a new wishbone but as yet haven't purchased. Visited other information centres most point towards a new ball joint on the wishbone which I purchased a few weeks ago but due to the little play on the wheel when at 9 & 3 wiggle and none at 12 & 6 I changed the tie rod which got rid of the slight play but not the squick!?

I suppose similar to our health problems when we go to Doctors they first consider the most common cause first, so since I have a new ball joint I might as well fit it and see!