Rear end creaking

im sure the first time i went in with this they put something on the bit where the back seat upright (cant think of any other name for it) clicks into place, its come back though after at least 12 months so ill ask again when im next there so at least i can do it myself

im sure the first time i went in with this they put something on the bit where the back seat upright (cant think of any other name for it) clicks into place, its come back though after at least 12 months so ill ask again when im next there so at least i can do it myself

Yup, I had to put some insulation tape on the clips that lock the rear seat back rests in place.

As the chassis flexes these can creak if not given extra deadening, (tape)

I also picked my car up (secondhand) and a rear damper needed tightening up, more clunk than creek, the rear seatbacks were a squeak/creek.

Well mine went in Thursday for the second time for this same problem,  the service manager asked me to complete a fault sheet explaining where and what the fault is and to continue on another sheet if necessary,  this is what I put which includes responses from other forum members.................

My Fabia has a creaking noise from the suspensions when for example going over speed calming bumps. The noise can be heard more prominently when the suspension is wet as when the weather and suspensions are dry it is much less prominent.

Unfortunately it does not seem possible to reproduce the sound by shaking or pressing down and releasing the suspension when the vehicle is stationary.

The suspension seems to creak as opposed to knock and heard only for a second or so as the suspension absorbs the impact with the speed ramp from the front and sometimes rear of the vehicle. The noise is not heard when the car rolls or dives when turning or breaking.

As requested I have listed results from other Fabia owners with the same/similar problem below from the Briskoda.net forum below with the thought these results may be of some assistance as explained to me by a Skoda engineer “it is sometimes a matter of elimination before the fault is eventually located and rectified so it may be of a help hearing of other Fabia owners experience with the same sort of problem”.

The creaking was down to the rubber blocks that secure the anti-roll bars

Our rear shocks were replaced on the Fabia by the dealer because of this

As mentioned definitely sounds like the console bushes need replacing

it was roll bar drop links + console arm bushes

the front coil overs and at the same time new top mounts, top mount bearings and meyle HD drop links were replaced by main dealer

They changed the drop links and the noise is really faint but they said if still there they will try the ARB bushes next

When my wishbone bushes went it was more of a creaking noise but when the drop links went more of a knocking sound

Mine went into the dealer last week, some bushes were split and suspension mounts suspect so the dealer changed them, result no creak so I’m happy.

After five visits they identified the noise coming from the top of suspension mounts and wishbone bushes these have now been replaced under warranty. Seems be cured al last.

Sorted at last they replaced the ARB  & wishbone bushes plus tops of suspension mounts

Yes Stan sorted thanks the main agent changed the front wishbone bushes no problem since hope this helps, good luck with yours

ARB bushes and suspension mounts that did the trick

I dropped the car off at the main dealer on Thursday morning  and was phoned the same day saying they had ordered parts and I will get the car back about mid day Friday, they phoned Friday and said they hope to return the car Monday ?

I will keep you posted.

I got the car back today (Monday) I've been told they changed a drop arm but to return with the car once I have completed 200 miles so they can check it?

They did over 30 miles including high speed motorway work which seems strange for the creaking fault especially as I gave a detailed report (above) that it happens over ramps. They also carried out lots of diagnostics including continuous stop/start of the engine I only know all this because I have a dash cam and witnessed an accident on my way home and browsed through the SD card and saw all this and could not understand why.

Should ask questions about this as it seems strange for the fault I booked it in for.   

• Like 1