Blank screen on Multimedia

Hi,

I’m new owner of Škoda. I have Octavia mk3 2013 and I tried to upgrade my Bolero i think 6,5inch to 8inch touch screen multimedia.

I connected everything and with new multimedia problem happens when I start car in the morning I got black screen like multimedia not working at all. After some time it turns on and working as ussual. This happens me everyday.

My question is why is this happening, I talked with coding guy and he tells me that main unit of multimedia is going to die? Is it true and is someone have this problem, I will send picture of old multimedia and new one.

IMG_2649.jpeg

IMG_2648.jpeg

IMG_2622.jpeg

IMG_2621.jpeg

1711547383216197.jpeg

@pab567 Nothing, and when I try to reset whit holding power button nothing happens. Thing is every morning when car is cold and I turn on, multimedia is still black screen for about 10-20minutes and after that it’s working as it should.

Is there a version of the original sw 0478 or is it already new. I witnessed the display not responding well to the update and after turning off the vehicle and locking the display the display was still on even though it was turned off. Even removing the battery for 3 hours did not help. Only a new sw update of all items solved it.

The screens do fail on these earlier MK3 MIB1 systems.  Sounds like yours is heading for that territory.