1.5 eTSI SEL info

Hi All,

I'm just about to buy a 21 reg Octy SEL and had a couple of questions for owners, sorry if this info is buried in another thread somewhere?

What's the eTSI engine like on a day to day basis?? Quiet, smooth, enough ooomph? Anything to be aware of?

Also, does Android Auto work wirelessly? I'm getting the impression than only CarPlay is wireless?

Is the eTec you’re getting the 1.0 or 1.5?

I had a loan 1.0 eTec for five months. Was absolutely fine for two of us even with a reasonable load in the boot. Having said that I think four up and the boot rammed with holiday paraphernalia it might feel a bit underwhelming on long motorway hauls or big hills. The DSG ‘box worked well too.

Noise levels similar to my 1.5 manual so no worries there.

I use CarPlay but I know that my 2020 car supports wireless Android Auto (sons phone) - think wireless was an added feature on one of the many s/ware updates.

42 minutes ago, SteveTheElder said:

Is the eTec you’re getting the 1.0 or 1.5?

I had a loan 1.0 eTec for five months. Was absolutely fine for two of us even with a reasonable load in the boot. Having said that I think four up and the boot rammed with holiday paraphernalia it might feel a bit underwhelming on long motorway hauls or big hills. The DSG ‘box worked well too.

Noise levels similar to my 1.5 manual so no worries there.

I use CarPlay but I know that my 2020 car supports wireless Android Auto (sons phone) - think wireless was an added feature on one of the many s/ware updates.

It's the 1.5 mean machine 😀

• Like 1

Have had my 1.5 SEL from factory in July 2021. Love it, quiet enough around town and motorways especially with the e-tec system working. Also can run on 2 cylinder mode to save fuel when engine operating conditions allow.

Be sure to tune the vehicle performance on the Individual mode to make it best suit your requirements (Switches to normal at each Key on cycle but shortcuts make for quick change).

Please make sure your running on SW 1941 otherwise glitches will disappoint the experience somewhat.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, lickspeed50 said:

Have had my 1.5 SEL from factory in July 2021. Love it, quiet enough around town and motorways especially with the e-tec system working. Also can run on 2 cylinder mode to save fuel when engine operating conditions allow.

Be sure to tune the vehicle performance on the Individual mode to make it best suit your requirements (Switches to normal at each Key on cycle but shortcuts make for quick change).

Please make sure your running on SW 1941 otherwise glitches will disappoint the experience somewhat.

I did ask to have the firmware updated to the latest version, but apparently they do this anyway on all used cars. I'm buying from Wings in Peterborough and they seem to get excellent reviews. (Fingers crossed)

EDIT: Shouldn't be on 1969 now?

Edited by ItalianJob

I’m not in any hurry to upgrade to 1969, as has been mentioned on that post hardware also needs to be compatible for updates.

I'm happy with 1941, stable and does what I need. I will only go to 1969 if it comes via OTA meaning that the rest of the hardware is compatible with it etc.

As I also will be handing back before next service I’m happy to leave it all as is and avoid issues 😂.