New Kodiaq now on Skoda UK configurator

Wowzers… 1.5l mild hybrid SE L with options to match (and, admittedly exceed in some cases) my current vRS costs near enough £48k, which is more than the list price of my vRS was with its options.

I completely understand why they do these options ‘packages’, but it does mean that if you want one thing, you tend to end up paying through the nose for it because you also have to have options you don’t want. All manufacturers seem to have cottoned on to this though - it would seem the old a la carte menu of options is a thing of the past.

(Incidentally, a fully kitted out new Countryman JCW is the same price as that)

Edited by Yogi-Bear

Just received an email introducing my local dealer's new website, latest offers and cars they have in stock.  Given the new Kodiaq is now available to order, I can't believe the deals they're offering on the current model - £2500 PCP contribution 😲  I bought my car in 2020 when the first very mild facelift was announced and the offers then were £4000 contribution on the current car and £3000 on new facelift which hadn't even reached UK showrooms. 

Perhaps Skoda themselves think folk may baulk at the price of the new car and chose the current model. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/04/2024 at 11:01, kodiaqsportline said:

Just received an email introducing my local dealer's new website, latest offers and cars they have in stock.  Given the new Kodiaq is now available to order, I can't believe the deals they're offering on the current model - £2500 PCP contribution 😲  I bought my car in 2020 when the first very mild facelift was announced and the offers then were £4000 contribution on the current car and £3000 on new facelift which hadn't even reached UK showrooms. 

Perhaps Skoda themselves think folk may baulk at the price of the new car and chose the current model. :D

i can’t understand why you would order a new car without a test drive first. 
Yes, you might get the new model before anyone else, but is it just because you can say “look what I’ve got”

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he tells me that they’re not getting any demonstrators till June at the earliest.

I know my needs are more specific than others, but I’m going to wait thanks.

3 hours ago, CFB said:

i can’t understand why you would order a new car without a test drive first. 
Yes, you might get the new model before anyone else, but is it just because you can say “look what I’ve got”

I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he tells me that they’re not getting any demonstrators till June at the earliest.

I know my needs are more specific than others, but I’m going to wait thanks.

Well in my case, a different steering wheel and upgraded infotainment software hardly required a test drive !   A drive in the pre-facelifted Edition model with the same engine as my Sportline was all anyone needed to know exactly what the car would be like. 

If I were going for this new Kodiaq, I'd order without a test drive. It's not as if the engines are any different or there's a change to the suspension setup or the gearbox - it's essentially the very same car in different clothes. Let's face it, the biggest change only comes with the price and option list.

As for   it's just because you can say “look what I’ve got”  I'm not saying that's why some people may chose it, but manufacturers have a habit of announcing upgrades when your car is already on order.  The only reason I ordered a Kodiaq was because Skoda introduced  a 2wd Sportline version  ( at the time all Sportlines were at least 2L 4wd ).I didn't even realise it was a facelift.  Or what if you're after a PHEV Kodiaq?

You could say the same about folk who buy new cars -  are they only buying it to keep up with the neighbours for a reg plate change? Some will but I'd suggest the majority don't, especially those who's current leases are about to end.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

On 19/04/2024 at 13:41, kodiaqsportline said:

Well in my case, a different steering wheel and upgraded infotainment software hardly required a test drive !   A drive in the pre-facelifted Edition model with the same engine as my Sportline was all anyone needed to know exactly what the car would be like. 

If I were going for this new Kodiaq, I'd order without a test drive. It's not as if the engines are any different or there's a change to the suspension setup or the gearbox - it's essentially the very same car in different clothes. Let's face it, the biggest change only comes with the price and option list.

As for   it's just because you can say “look what I’ve got”  I'm not saying that's why some people may chose it, but manufacturers have a habit of announcing upgrades when your car is already on order.  The only reason I ordered a Kodiaq was because Skoda introduced  a 2wd Sportline version  ( at the time all Sportlines were at least 2L 4wd ).I didn't even realise it was a facelift.  Or what if you're after a PHEV Kodiaq?

You could say the same about folk who buy new cars -  are they only buying it to keep up with the neighbours for a reg plate change? Some will but I'd suggest the majority don't, especially those who's current leases are about to end.

I was referring to new models in general and not just from Skoda. I agree that test driving the same model facelifted would be a waste of time, I ordered my last 2 Yetis without, 

In the case of the new Kodiaq, the dash layout is completely different and I need to know I can reach all the knobs and other bits and bobs easily before I commit, as I said above, my needs are very specific.

Edited by CFB

22 hours ago, DavidY said:

(Ostensibly it's there for the SE, but at time of writing it doesn't show a price.)

It's also there for the SE L in 5-seat guise, as PHEV is only going to be available with 5-seats. I wonder if that means we're going to get the choice of 5-seats across all the trims for the first time in the UK...? Or will they not offer the PHEV on the higher trims (SportLine, L&K) and remain 7-seat only for them...?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

It's also there for the SE L in 5-seat guise, as PHEV is only going to be available with 5-seats. I wonder if that means we're going to get the choice of 5-seats across all the trims for the first time in the UK...? Or will they not offer the PHEV on the higher trims (SportLine, L&K) and remain 7-seat only for them...?

When the Mk4 FL Octavia was launched (apparently with no PHEV option, even though other VAG models on the same platform will get the new 100km range PHEV) I saw an interview with a senior Skoda exec. In it he was saying they don't get much profit from PHEVs. So I wonder how many models will get that option?

That said, clearly VAG have invested effort into developing a much better PHEV setup compared to the previous generation IVs in Octavias and Superbs. As well as better range, the new ones all seem to have fast charging, and the 100km range claim seems universal (even though presumably they all have slightly different battery sizes to achieve that).

For me (wrong sub-forum I know) I'd buy an Octavia estate if they put the new PHEV platform into it - it would work well for me. I'm even looking at things like the Leon estate where they just announced a facelift and it looks like that might get the PHEV. I would prefer a Skoda though. (The Superb looks good but is a bit too long for where I'd need to park.)