Arrowspeed Tyres

Gary1320

Hi all long time no see

The Karoq 4x4 passed its MOT yesterday all fine but I was told the two rear tyres would need replacing in a few months so I decided to replace now 

Kwikfit are doing Arrowspeed tyres 225x45xR19 for £129,95 each and was wondering if any body had tried these tyres I dont drive off road and in a year

I done 1100 miles ..... Thank you Gary 

Have you looked at the tyres yourself and measured the tread depth or is it a case of the garage trying to sell you new tyres?

As far as I know Arrowspeed are made by Nexen and are basically rebranded Nexen tyres.  Make of that what you want. 

Deleted, I had misread the "I done 1100 miles" not realising that it belonged to the line above.

Edited by J.R.

1 hour ago, petrolcan said:

Have you looked at the tyres yourself and measured the tread depth or is it a case of the garage trying to sell you new tyres?

Yeah it looks like the last owner had new tyres on the front and put the front tyres on the back ..Also there's a bit of cracking on the back near side and i have to top up the pressure every few weeks 

On 12/04/2024 at 10:45, Gary1320 said:

Also there's a bit of cracking on the back near side and i have to top up the pressure every few weeks 

Rather than tyre tread depth left that may be what they meant, there's a lot more to tyres than tread depth, age and lack of use might contribute to their deterioration.

Having put that, the Avon ZT7s on my wife's Mk3 Fabia cracked badly on the inside where you don't see in just over 3 years and 22k-miles.  The Nexen N blue HD tyres the car came with (from new I'd guess) and the two Nexen N blue HD Plus I had to get as "distress purchase" certainly where the best but they weren't that bad either and the two that didn't need "distress purchase" didn't get noteworthy cracking in nearly 5 years and 34k- miles of use.