Does anyone have experience with leaks in the cabin?

Hi everyone. My 2017 superb is leaking really badly into the back right footwell.

I've spent the last 2 days with blue paper towel checking every possible route that water could take to end up there and they are all bone dry. 

The drivers footwell is wet as well but the back passenger is sloshing around.

I moved the drivers seat right back and found a slit in the carpet directly under the seat I lifted that carpet and sound proofing and there is lots of water there.

I guess I have 2 questions. 1) has anyone found the same problem and could give me ideas where it's getting in? And 2) does anyone know where I can buy a new carpet and sound proofing because I'm going to have to replace the whole thing as it's starting to smell really bad.

Many thanks in advance.

Donald

It might be the windscreen I guess... but its certainly not the ac. I live in Scotland and I never need to use it. 

This is driving me crazy.

Thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Where abouts in Scotland are you?

Does the car have a sunroof? Or is it just the windows? 

Have you checked the shark fin aerial on the roof to see if it's loose? Since I assume it has one.

Check the door drains. Is there any sign of water in the boot? 
Also, you should have the AC on all the time. Generally, you have colder weather with more moisture in the air up there and AC removes the moisture from the air in the cabin; it’s not just to reduce temperature. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2024 at 17:25, don_2535 said:

Hi everyone. My 2017 superb is leaking really badly into the back right footwell.

I've spent the last 2 days with blue paper towel checking every possible route that water could take to end up there and they are all bone dry. 

The drivers footwell is wet as well but the back passenger is sloshing around.

I moved the drivers seat right back and found a slit in the carpet directly under the seat I lifted that carpet and sound proofing and there is lots of water there.

I guess I have 2 questions. 1) has anyone found the same problem and could give me ideas where it's getting in? And 2) does anyone know where I can buy a new carpet and sound proofing because I'm going to have to replace the whole thing as it's starting to smell really bad.

Many thanks in advance.

Donald

Does it have a panoramic roof?