Tourist Mode vs. DLA

We took the SIII abroad recently and as usual with my old car I just used tourist mode. I also have LED headlights with dynamic light assist which is brilliant.

I have HBA too but this seems a bit more aggressive.

The manual describes that enabled tourist mode automatically disables dynamic light assist. The DLA is described that it sweeps the light cone around oncoming traffic and always ensures that the sides of the road is lit.

Is there a point of still using tourist mode when DLA automatically darkens areas where oncoming traffic is detected, so effectively never really blinds other drivers.

Tourist mode will stop your low beam cut off causing other drivers issues.

If you leave tourist mode off and DLA on, although your high beams probably won't cause an issue, the low beam will. That's assuming the system will even take cars on the unexpected side into consideration :)

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1