DRL yellow Skoda Superb

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my DRL, Skoda Superb 1.6 2016. So when you switch on the DRL are coming up the indicator lights. They are yellow, normally by the law DRL must be white. How can i switch them off or to change the the colour for that LEDs? It must be a problem  with settings, i was at a Skoda dealer and they told me like they see this for the first time. 

@Jackyy  Welcome.

Good that there was someone at the dealers that was not Blind.  Usually they have never seen or heard of things. (Or they all do that.)

What did this person say they were doing as far as dealing with Skoda in your country or CZ about this Fundamental Design, Manufacturing or Material Fault even though the Manufacturers Warranty has expired?

• Haha 1

@Jackyy I'm presuming you aren't the first owner of this vehicle and its only recently come into your possession?

To me it feels like a previous owner has been customising rather than a Skoda fault/issue

Edit:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/26966/

Edited by Winston_Woof
  • Thanks 1

unfortunately you are going to need to find someone local to you who can correct the previous owners customisations.

It's not really a Skoda/main dealer issue if someone has customised their vehicle.

Footnote:

If the car was bought from a dealer then there may be an argument that its unroadworthy and not fit for purpose but I have no idea on how that applies to the Irish Republic.

Interesting.

Just reading  the UK MOT bumf

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles/4-lamps-reflectors-and-electrical-equipment#section-4-2-1

A lamp showing the wrong colour to the fromnt is classed as a Minor and not an outright fail

image.png.e0d63009dc0fb49dbafef95363ca7ed0.png

image.png.a242e49819cc9a05f17f95da886850b7.png

2 hours ago, Winston_Woof said:

Interesting.

Just reading  the UK MOT bumf

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles/4-lamps-reflectors-and-electrical-equipment#section-4-2-1

A lamp showing the wrong colour to the fromnt is classed as a Minor and not an outright fail

image.png.e0d63009dc0fb49dbafef95363ca7ed0.png

image.png.a242e49819cc9a05f17f95da886850b7.png

Are you not in Ireland though, and different rules apply?

26 minutes ago, Danoid said:

Are you not in Ireland though, and different rules apply?

no the OP is in Ireland (as I identified in a previous post) , I am UK based. 

I was merely reading the UK MOT bumf as a comparator..................

5 hours ago, Winston_Woof said:

no the OP is in Ireland (as I identified in a previous post) , I am UK based. 

I was merely reading the UK MOT bumf as a comparator..................

Doh sorry my mistake