Brake sticking after parked for long

Hello. It had rained heavily, so I decided to park my car for a while so I wouldn't get stuck in the floods. When I tried to drive today, after releasing the parking brake, I felt that the brake held on, and then I heard a thud when I gave throttle, and then it released. The car is a 2023 VRS. Is this normal? But this happened only once. 

This happened on all four Skodas I have owned - three Octavias and one Fabia - especially being parked after a power wash. You did what I do - give it a bit of throttle to unstick the brakes and away you go.

• Thanks 1

If you know the car is going to be standing for a while, then chock the wheels, put it in gear and release the handbrake.  Unless of course the modern software engineer has programmed the car to always apply the handbrake when the ignition is off.  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, avi4tor said:

If you know the car is going to be standing for a while, then chock the wheels, put it in gear and release the handbrake.  Unless of course the modern software engineer has programmed the car to always apply the handbrake when the ignition is off.  

I doubt this will work with electronic P brakes. Will try it out.