Windscreen Wipers - One side malfunctioned

Fabia 1.2 Petrol

Driving in rain, all of a sudden the wipers go a bit silly with the passenger side having a mind of it's own for a few seconds.

Able to pull over and separate them and continue home with just the drivers side working.

Passenger side I can move freely (the stem) so something must have broke? displaced?   

Drivers side is still firm and works.

Any clues before I take the scuttle off?

Thankyou

Ok, have gotten a bit further and it looks like the bushes on the arm that goes to the passenger side is goosed

It look like one of the rubber bushes has dried of any grease it may have, do I need to grease it and try and

'pop' it back on or is it a complete new wiper linkage that is required as presumably the rubber bushes are

not available separately?

insity1.JPG

armout1.JPG

Posted (edited)

I can buy just the arm, for about a £5  but how do they actually fit?  there are no bolts/threads just a bush....

Burt yes may just buy the whole thing if it's not too much of a faff to fit.

I note they sell a set of repair clips that hold it on once attached, presumably this would be a short term fix.

Edited by Jogon

Halfords sells a clip to hold that link arm in place, I've never needed to find out how good a work around fitting that would be - I'm mentioning that as most people can reach a Halfords branch.

When my older daughter's 2002 6K SEAT Ibiza ended up with its wiper arms fighting destructively, I just bought a new pair of link arms and probably a new wiper arm, it was winter time and it needed fixing quickly, plus at that time, maybe 2006, I was not aware of them repair clips.

• Like 1