Skoda Fabia 1.2 TSI CE

Hello,

After much debate and it being payday I decided to go back and get a quote on a mid box delete (resonator)

I went back to the place where I had my back boxes deleted and they done it in under 40 minutes. 

I was skeptical about how the car would sound at first but I think when it had the back box delete the car was clearly missing its potential sound now with the straight pipe from the secondary cat onwards it sounds great and I’m very pleased I’m thinking of finally posting pictures and videos of my car but still looking for lowering springs (please link below) and a few other ideas as I’ve done everything I want to I might upgrade breaks and take it for a tune but not sure on what’s breaks to go for (again please link below) or where to take it to be tuned 

But just thought I’d put a post out for anyone not sure about it with the same model I’m 20 a typical boy racer YOLO I love it sounds great DO IT!

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Planetse said:

Remember that the IVA for your car is 72 decibels. If it's louder than that. Your asking for an on the spot fine of £50. I'm sure your insurance has been informed. 

Don’t worry it’s below that and insurance is well informed ;)

I think we covered tuning inside out last time but just to remind you for brakes you need to have covered good quality suitable tyres.  I think we also covered strip out the interior and soundproofing if you want more noise inside. 

Bad or really excessive tuning you could get a few breaks.  😁

I forget, have you looked at or posted in the 'Performance & Tuning Upgrades' forum for info and idea? - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/212-performance-tuning-upgrades/

Are you still on sky-high monthly insurance (and interest) payments?

Unfortunately you are right YOLO, later you both regret the things you done and the things you didn't do, but only you can live your life and it helps to have some good times.

ETA: you've put CE again, that confused me again.  😄

Edited by nta16
ETA:
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Buddxrs said:

Don’t worry it’s below that and insurance is well informed ;)

72db is how loud a washing machine or dish washer runs 😁 So I very much doubt your running a legal exhaust 😆

• Haha 1

In the UK we do not pay 'On the spot fines' on the spot for starters.

Then we have England / Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland and how the Police operate. 

So we will need the Police to get the appropriate Officer to examine the car, or they might prohibit it, they might require it to be examined / tested.

There might be a NIP.    There might be Undeclared Modifications with the insurer.   There might even be the DVSA taking a look at the Establishment doing the modifications.

As the DVSA have been doing.

Lots of If,s & could, and might.   

Personally all the noise and little go from anti-social plonkers does my head in.  I wish Police Officers were not selectively deaf. 

8 hours ago, nta16 said:

I think we covered tuning inside out last time but just to remind you for brakes you need to have covered good quality suitable tyres.  I think we also covered strip out the interior and soundproofing if you want more noise inside. 

Bad or really excessive tuning you could get a few breaks.  😁

I forget, have you looked at or posted in the 'Performance & Tuning Upgrades' forum for info and idea? - https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/212-performance-tuning-upgrades/

Are you still on sky-high monthly insurance (and interest) payments?

Unfortunately you are right YOLO, later you both regret the things you done and the things you didn't do, but only you can live your life and it helps to have some good times.

ETA: you've put CE again, that confused me again.  😄

Still am on heavy insurance but with the insurance scandals and all atm I expect at the end of the year that will change, 

I have looked I have a good tuners I’ll have a look for good breaks and springs.

Sorry I put CE each time like it’s special it’s just a colour edition.

24 minutes ago, Planetse said:

72db is how loud a washing machine or dish washer runs 😁 So I very much doubt your running a legal exhaust 😆

6 minutes ago, Ootohere said:

In the UK we do not pay 'On the spot fines' on the spot for starters.

Then we have England / Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland and how the Police operate. 

So we will need the Police to get the appropriate Officer to examine the car, or they might prohibit it, they might require it to be examined / tested.

There might be a NIP.    There might be Undeclared Modifications with the insurer.   There might even be the DVSA taking a look at the Establishment doing the modifications.

As the DVSA have been doing.

Lots of If,s & could, and might.   

Personally all the noise and little go from anti-social plonkers does my head in.  I wish Police Officers were not selectively deaf. 

I know where you are both coming from and I do apologise but it’s exactly as the post above you guys said yolo I might come to regret it but right now I’m enjoying 

also not to be a complete ****head but the police in and around my city don’t care wether it is speeding or car mods it’s all paperwork to them. 

I enjoy how my car sounds (under 80db ;)) and I also enjoy trying to get the max performance from my car even though it is a little Skoda 

^^^ They never seem to stop the Skoda,s used in murders or attempted murders in your area and only get them once burned out. 

(Often white ones.)

They as Officers of the law definitely are selectively deaf, dumb and blind in your region. 

• Love it! 1

I can see a lot of people are not happy with my decision I can see why but at the end of the day at my age it’s impossible to get a car that is the part need to make do with what you’ve got I don’t think I’ll regret it.

Actually the noise and little speed is good for warning children playing on and around the street to get out of the way. 

The noise with BOV,s is good for a laugh as the car might be adhering to a 20 or 30 mph speed limit.

11 minutes ago, Ootohere said:

Actually the noise and little speed is good for warning children playing on and around the street to get out of the way. 

The noise with BOV,s is good for a laugh as the car might be adhering to a 20 or 30 mph speed limit.

Thank you for looking for positives this is true I live on a very narrow windy street and a lot of children play through summer it will be useful the kids like to stare and ask questions aswell always a good topic 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Buddxrs said:

Sorry I put CE each time like it’s special it’s just a colour edition.

Don't worry it's just me thinking what's a CE and not thinking of colour edition. 🫠

IIRC my wife's "smart" phone measured my, at the time 47 year-old car, from inside with the roof down, at 96db at 60mph.  A mate now owns the car and the exhaust noise is less, he changed the timing chain and set the twin carbs up richer, don't know if he reset the valves and timing, it sounds reasonably quiet but I bet it's still above 72db inside the car with the roof down (K&N open air filters, LCB manifold, single silencer, 1.5" (38mm) centre pipe).

Edited by nta16
ETA: inside the car with the roof down

3 hours ago, Ootohere said:

Personally all the noise and little go from anti-social plonkers does my head in.

Were you never one yourself?

I try not to forget what I once was especially when I was having an exchange with the abruti on the unregistered uninsured unsilenced Motocross bike who had been buzzing our commune every evening stopping by most houses to rev up his engine then screech off to do the same 40m further on (the width of most plots) time and time again for hours on end.

He had a very unfortunate accident colliding with my wheelbarrow that was accidentally propelled across the single track road :sad:, as I explained to him it is a zone 30, pedestrians have priority, I am blind in my left eye and when I heard him bearing down on me I panicked and ran backwards throwing my hands up in fear which propelled the wheelbarrow forwards, very unfortunate for him that I should have chosen that exact moment to cross the road after waiting patiently so long 😁

• Haha 1

@J.R.  I still am a plonker and like fast cars, or any cars.  But i have never been into drawing attention to the fact i am going quick by making a lot of noise from cars.

As it is EV,s are excellent for booting it and nobody even knowing you are.