Service costs

Can anyone help with the typical costs of a service? I have a Kodiaq 2.0Tsi Auto L&K, 2020, 23,000 miles. It will be four years old in July. Looking for the typical price of 30K and 40K service. (Haldex was replaced last year.)

@SkodAlan and did you ask what they were Actually doing?  A pollen filter is a crazy price from them.  As are spark plugs.   Is it an Oil and inspection service and those items as well.  What was done at the past services or not done matters.  Has the brake fluid been replaced? 

Does that include any maintenance items, eg DSG Oil Change? If not then seems pricey.

I would be looking at a Service Plan, they do seem to be good value for money. Mine was 3 yrs old in March and I took out an All In plan. Should in theory save me a few hundred quid.

There are other Plan options in the link Yogi-Bear provided.

I remember him saying: 40K; spark plugs, pollen filter, oil  and inspection. Haldex was done last year.

Purchase Skoda’s All-in plan, 2 services, 2 MOT’s, 2 year warranty and 2 years breakdown, £700 or £30 per month.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SimonB68 said:

Does that include any maintenance items, eg DSG Oil Change? If not then seems pricey.

I would be looking at a Service Plan, they do seem to be good value for money. Mine was 3 yrs old in March and I took out an All In plan. Should in theory save me a few hundred quid.

There are other Plan options in the link Yogi-Bear provided.

12 hours ago, Ootohere said:

@SkodAlan a DQ381 DSG oil change is at 80,000 miles unless you go earlier. Nearer £300 now for that done. 

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Purchase Skoda’s All-in plan, 2 services, 2 MOT’s, 2 year warranty and 2 years breakdown, £700 or £30 per month.

https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/all-in-service-plan

Terms and conditions

Screenshot2024-05-02at21-44-58skoda-allin-mot-and-servicing-terms-and-conditions-skoda-allin-mot-and-servicing-terms-and-conditions_pdf.png.b6816b31190dc762f5e18c8687a148b1.png

Edited by Stonekeeper

Skoda dealers do come up with scary prices for routine servicing.

I’ve recently enjoyed my first annual basic oil change with a local garage.  I provided the oil and filter.
Cost peanuts in comparison.

And I changed the the air and pollen filters. 10 minute jobs for pennies.

We can only vote with our feet.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Stonekeeper said:

https://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/all-in-service-plan

Terms and conditions

Screenshot2024-05-02at21-44-58skoda-allin-mot-and-servicing-terms-and-conditions-skoda-allin-mot-and-servicing-terms-and-conditions_pdf.png.b6816b31190dc762f5e18c8687a148b1.png

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

The £30 a month is only when the plan is on special offer which typically happens three times a year. From memory they have one late summer which may be too late for your service. The std price is £37.50

Not quite sure why @Stonekeeper posted the T&C because you'd meet all of those.

If you can't wait until there's a sale on then another option would be just a normal service plan. £20.50 a month. That'd exclude the spark plugs tho. but give two years servicing.

They also do a service plus plan which does as above but this time includes the spark plugs. But that costs £28.25 a month.

( quick calculation - difference is £7.75 a month x 24 = £186.   In other words, if you take the service plus plan, you're being charged £186 for spark plugs to be fitted ).

What did I do?  I think £186 is too expensive for spark plugs. I took out the ordinary 2yr service plan when it was on sale (£16) but £20.50 still isn't bad. if you factor in a spark plug change elsewhere then that 2yr service plan is costing the same as your dealer has quote you for one service !!! 

Sparkplugs ? If you can't fit them yourself then any garage can do so - just get quotes. It's not as if they need to be changed same time as the service, rather it's recommended they're changed. At 24,000 in four years, chances are your plugs are perfectly OK. Or you could go thru someone like Eurocar parts who''l supply and fit them for you. Should be around the £100 mark to supply and fit 4 spark plugs, hence the reason I say the standard 2yr service plan would work out cheaper.

Hope that helps.

Edited by kodiaqsportline

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, kodiaqsportline said:

Not quite sure why @Stonekeeper posted the T&C because you'd meet all of those.

The first quote in my post referred to a car with a DSG

The third quote recommended an All in plan

My post highlighted that the said plan does not include the DSG service cost which i believe is around £300 from what the 2nd quote has said.

Edited by Stonekeeper

8 hours ago, Stonekeeper said:

The first quote in my post referred to a car with a DSG

The third quote recommended an All in plan

My post highlighted that the said plan does not include the DSG service cost which i believe is around £300 from what the 2nd quote has said.

OP''s car is a mere 4year old and 24k. At this rate it'll likely be 2032 before OP needs to think about DSG oil change.

It'd be a bit mad if the majority of us owners were paying for a potential DSG oil change when few would ever need it.   

4 hours ago, kodiaqsportline said:

OP''s car is a mere 4year old and 24k. At this rate it'll likely be 2032 before OP needs to think about DSG oil change.

It'd be a bit mad if the majority of us owners were paying for a potential DSG oil change when few would ever need it.   

The need for it probably depends upon how long you  wish to keep the car. If you don't intend too keep it long you can get away with neglecting it. You will move on before the car has the issues you give it.

Even with 80,000 ? service interval it would not mean 12 years.

If a high mileage motorway user (less gear changes/less gearing wear) i would personally not go over 4 year Up to 80,000 miles.

Lower mileages per year i would go for 4 years.

The quality of the oil is important, it is the Swarf  that degrades the oil and contaminates the solenoids in the mechatronic unit. In use they magnetise and those pesky metal filings stick them up and cause gearchange failures. Reports of missing gears and no reverse or clunking when changing

I wonder why different manufacturers have different schedules for the same gearboxes? Maybe they know their target market.

That aside my post in this thread was just to highlight that the gearbox service if and when required was not covered by the plan.