MySkoda App.

leckman

I am looking at purchasing the new facelift Kamiq,just wondering what members think of the Skoda app,does it work OK etc.Looking at the App Store reviews a lot of people are not impressed with it.I have a T Cross at present and the VW version to be fair works perfectly most of the time.

I find the Skoda Essentials more useful.  For a time there were connection issues which seemed to disappear after the new Skoda app appeared.

The Essentials I find is quicker to load and gives more information.

1. Maybe a minor point, but it says whether windows are closed (my car has all electric), the Skoda app doesn't.

2. Essentials shows individual journey stats and you can go back in time through these.  The app (so far as I can make out) shows stats for a journey at the end of it, but when you look at daily stats, they show an overall figures for mileage etc.

3. The app uses US gallons for stats even though at the end of a single journey it shows them correctly in UK gallons.

I too find the app useful, particularly as I have a kind of OCD issue where I sometimes need to check if I’ve locked the car. 

Re US gallons, surely you can specify US or imperial units in the settings?

3 hours ago, marineboy said:

I too find the app useful, particularly as I have a kind of OCD issue where I sometimes need to check if I’ve locked the car. 

Re US gallons, surely you can specify US or imperial units in the settings?

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, I have specified Imperial in the Skoda app, and in the latest journey figures it uses these, but in the daily/weekly/monthly figures, it gives the correct mpg, for example, but says it's in US gallons.

3 minutes ago, marineboy said:

Oh ok, but I can’t see any reference to US gallons on my app. 

IMG_5370.thumb.png.ea1255469cb9b31db9197b80d6808634.png

That's the Skoda Essentials app, the one I prefer to use.  I was writing about the new Skoda app.