16517-P0133, 17911-P1503 codes

Hi yesterday I found 1 new fault code, 17911-P1503-load signal from alternator trrm DF: Implausible-intermitent. 2 fault codes that are basically basically permanent on my fabia-17549 load calculation chross check:implausible value. And 16556 fuel bank1 too rich. 

Than for the fun of it I ran the lambda before catalyst test, the test never finished prior to yesterday, the catalytic convertor temperature is permanently at   - 32°C. But yesterday it finished after like 3 seconds the result was that the lambda isn't ok. For like a year I taught that the lambda is bad because of the 16556 and sometimes rough idle. 

Than I read the fault codes 1 new appeared 16517 oxygen (lambda) response too slow. 

I changed the alternator voltage regulator and baterry 2 weeks ago the fault code 17911 wasn't there before, the voltage that I read yesterday in measurment block from the ecu was 13.84V, stable even when I reved the engine. 

The engine had a leaking head gasket for a long time burning a little coolant and oil, that probably damaged the lambda. 

When I was diagnosing the no charging fault before replacing the regulator I tested the load wires, they were fine. I have one or 2 wires that are without insulation at a connector plug, should probably do a test from the voltage regulator plug to the wires without insulation to see if they are related. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

If I find any related photos, tgey will be posted below. 

Alternator wires go via a black two-way plug/socket interconnect on a bracket in front of the gearbox.

That's usually where they get damaged. Blue wire breakage causes battery light to not work, and problems with alternator boot-up.

Other wire breaking causes DF fault,  and ASR warning light after 10 mins running, on cars with ASR.

4 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Alternator wires go via a black two-way plug/socket interconnect on a bracket in front of the gearbox.

That's usually where they get damaged. Blue wire breakage causes battery light to not work, and problems with alternator boot-up.

Other wire breaking causes DF fault,  and ASR warning light after 10 mins running, on cars with ASR.

Screenshot_20240505_085045.jpg

Screenshot_20240505_085126.jpg

Screenshot_20240505_084401_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

7 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

When I was diagnosing the voltage regulator the baterry light was on when the engine was off, than I unplugged the regulator and the light shut off. 

My fabia is 1.4mpi AME, hatchback, 2001, no ac, without asr, rear drum brakes

Apart from the photo of the fault codes, I can't really understand what the others are showing.

The interconnect at the gearbox bracket may look like this:

20150823_154600.jpg

Ah! your last photo is alternator regulator/brushpack. 

Often replaced unnecessarily after these wiring breaks cause alternator faults.

2 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

Apart from the photo of the fault codes, I can't really understand what the others are showing.

The interconnect at the gearbox bracket may look like this:

20150823_154600.jpg

One with the circle around the connector is a connector with damaged wires near the gearbox, it may be a reverse light switch? And the other one is a photo of the old voltage regulator showing how uneven the brushes were worn, replaced with original bosch regulator. 

I tested the load wires after someone else on this forum, It was maybe your tutorial, it tested fine. The brushes were worn outside the allowed range difference in lenght was I think like 3mm. After replacing the regulator the charging returned. 

I think the DF wire has since broken. Doesn't really seem to affect much (except on cars with ASR/ASR warning light).

It's an "information wire" to the engine ECU, not a "control wire" from ECU.

Most people don't believe this.