There has been many topics on this one but it seems mines odd one out. Have now done 118k miles with regular Skoda services, For last year the car will not start from cold without waiting at least 30 seconds or more with the ignition on ,according to how cold it is outside. From warm engine it starts right away most times but sometimes the light remains on. Performance and mpg are still good. So here are some of the things showing which are not right. Start engine put dsg into reverse, nothing happens. Stop engine, wait awhile and all is ok then. Temperature gauge  hardly ever gets to the middle position even after 50 odd milesn on motorway. At times but not very often the light does not come on , but just pops up  for no apparent reason, Skoda supposed to have done the usual testing saying "it could be many things". Any ideas ?.Thanks.

1 hour ago, pastiche said:

Temperature gauge  hardly ever gets to the middle position even after 50 odd milesn on motorway. At times but not very often the light does not come on , but just pops up  for no apparent reason, Skoda supposed to have done the usual testing saying "it could be many things". Any ideas ?.Thanks.

1. Sentence makes me think of the thermostat not working correctly, but I'd be loath to spend out without more than a feeling.
  2. Pass
  3. Well I do have an idea here; change your garage!
  • Like 1

Sorry for my lack of knowledge as i really do not know what engine this is. Is it a TDI or a TSI.

Is it a 2.0 TDI 140 bhp.  So a 6 speed DSG / DQ250 ?

(So not a DQ200 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG )

Has the DSG had oil and filter changes @ 40,000 mile intevals? 

Screenshot 2024-05-18 11.13.22.png

Yes is the answer, it is the 140  CR with DSG Elegance all servicing correct since new by Skoda dealer.