Largest spacer without longer bolts??

I would have said no spacer at all. I would match any spacer with bolts which are longer by the amount of the spacer, if not a bit more. :)

Edit: You might get away with 4 longer bolts and one short one (locking) with a 10mm spacer. :)

You might get away with 4 longer bolts and one short one (locking) with a 10mm spacer. :)

But you might not? Taking a risk when attaching wheels to your car isn't a particularly good thing to do. Remember, the bolts would be most likely to fail when you'r putting the most load on them, i.e. when cornering fast. And having a wheel come off when cornering fast might just be a bit uncomfortable

question....

putting on spacers...

would it affect the insurance at all ?

and does it affect handling ?

is it worth the effort / cash ?

make a differance ?

To answer your questions IMO:

Haven't mentions anything to my insurance company.

Handling is effected in some cases it's better and in some cases it's worse.

I believe it looks a heck of a lot better and is very much worth the money!!

I did have a group buy running on these but I have had little interest:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/group-buys/fk-spacers-group-buy-feeler/55187/

Are you sure?

I have seen these before. I think they are in sizes over 15-20mm. I was looking for some when I had my Leon Cupra. The benefit is that you can keep your existing locking nuts, the down side was that they are about

These do indeed exist. That said I'd make sure you buy quality stuff if you go for that particular variation for obvious reasons (and I'd imagine you'd get that when you pay 90-odd quid).

Insurance wise it's risky as it's a modification to the suspension-related parts of the vehicle. If there is even a remote chance of this being a reason for an accident occuring, you can guess the outcome.

On a more positive note ;) - yeah they look good :)

These do indeed exist. That said I'd make sure you buy quality stuff if you go for that particular variation for obvious reasons (and I'd imagine you'd get that when you pay 90-odd quid).

Insurance wise it's risky as it's a modification to the suspension-related parts of the vehicle. If there is even a remote chance of this being a reason for an accident occuring' date=' you can guess the outcome.

On a more positive note ;) - yeah they look good :)[/quote']

I am not convinced by people's insurance worries, I have had a few cars now and on my last two I declared all mods to the insurance company, now I have declared a few choice mods on this one. IMO you have to make sure that if you do have an accident you remove what you can at the scene, done this before and caused no problems (obviously small mods that can be removed, not suspension and bodykits).

My best friend had a highly modifed Golf MKIV and never declared any mods, he wrote it off big time and the insurance company investigated it and wouldn't pay out, in the end after several letters, they paid out the full amount. It's very rare that they will not pay out IMO?

Spacers are things that people wouldn't notice IMO?

Granted I will eat my words if something terrible happened!!

It just kinda depends I suppose on the insurance companies involved.

Didn't want to emphasise the insurance too much in this thread ;) in particular.

If something is a good quality product and properly fitted it should be absolutely fine from a safety perspective. In case of anything to do with keeping the wheels on the car & road etc a bit of healthy paranoia is good :D