My VRS has the wrong gear ****?

hey,

i've had my 03 octavia vrs a few days now, and i'm really please with it. however i was looking at pics on websites and i spotted that my vrs had the wrong gear kn0b. I have a black plastic standard skoda one, not like the silver topped one i am seeing on pictures of the same car....

so i just wondered do you think my gear kn0b must of been changed at some point?

is there anyway i can order a new vrs kn0b, is it easy to fit?

regards, edd.

hey' date='

i've had my 03 octavia vrs a few days now, and i'm really please with it. however i was looking at pics on websites and i spotted that my vrs had the wrong gear kn0b. I have a black plastic standard skoda one, not like the silver topped one i am seeing on pictures of the same car....

so i just wondered do you think my gear kn0b must of been changed at some point?

is there anyway i can order a new vrs kn0b, is it easy to fit?

regards, edd.[/quote']

Sounds like it's been changed to me. :) You can order them new, or you might find one on a scrapyard search engine. Think they're around

Well spotted, but it does happen, I bought my 51 Vrs new from a dealer and that came with the wrong Kn0b and wrong steering wheel, they soon changed it over though

that's cool, did they change them free of charge?

i'll give my dealer a ring. thanks, edd.

Check the inner diameter of the Kn0b you order and the diameter of your gear stick shaft - I ordered one for my 1.9tdi and it had a huge diameter (around 2cm - which was much to big) you'll probably be ok but you might want to check it out.

I got so annoyed with that daft plastic thing, didnt feel eregonomically right.