Rattle around the parcel shelf area...

I've got a rattle around the parcel shelf area - i am fairly sure it comes from the fixed part that the parcel shelf sits next to when the boot is shut.

Anyone else had this and how did ou cure it...?

Would it be the seat retaining clips by any chance ??? I'm having problems with mine, I mentioned it in another thread, it looks like a few others are also experiencing it.

• 2 years later...

I appreciate that this is an old post but I stumbled across it when searching for a solution to the same problem. I had already wrapped some black electrical tape around the pegs on the parcel shelf that clip in and also tightened the aluminium track on the shelf into which the pegs slide - no joy.

I also removed the stack of CD cases stored in the boot compartment above my CD changer :rolleyes:.

I am going to investigate some other ideas that I have stumbled across in my search namely the rear n/s seatbelt anchoring point and possible rubber feet where the parcel shelf sits on the plastic.

I found it was the rear seats and their catches in the seats that keep them upright when not folded

good old black nasty around the metal rings and the catches in the seat backs seem to grip better and dont rattle

been no bother after that..my only other rattle I traced to a cd case I had put in the under seat box on the passenger side and forgotten all about...in fact I had forgotten there was even storage there!! doh!!