Octavia tunning

darklink

Hi everyone,

i'm an owner of a Skoda Octavia 1.6 GLXi, automatic gearbox.

i have some questions of my own, i was wondering what types of tunning can i do to my car, cuz i've been searching the web for octavia parts, and what i found is for the rs or 4x4, and i really don't know if those parts will fit on my octavia. The web pages that i found regarding octavia tunning where:

http://www.jabbasport.com

http://www.auto-amd.com/octavia.asp

please someone help me....

Welcome Darklink.

I dont think there is a lot that can be done to a 1.6 being a non-turbo engine, you can get a few more HP though by replacing the exhaust and the air filter with a nice induction kit.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the reply, but also, what about chip upgrades??? it is possible on my octi???? Also, i live outside of uk, so it's very difficult for me to buy parts for the octavia :(.... I was thinking in doing an engine swap, but i really don't know if it'll be good, i need second opinions... I was thinking in doing a mod to the exterior of the car too, can anybody tell me a good site where i can find parts for such a mod?????

it is possible in doing a change from automatic gearbox to manual????

what about chip upgrades??? it is possible on my octi???? Also' date=' i live outside of uk, so it's very difficult for me to buy parts for the octavia :(.... I was thinking in doing an engine swap, but i really don't know if it'll be good, i need second opinions... I was thinking in doing a mod to the exterior of the car too, can anybody tell me a good site where i can find parts for such a mod?????

it is possible in doing a change from automatic gearbox to manual????[/quote']

Yes, chip upgrades are possible, but you're looking at about 8bhp gain for a substantial amount of money.

Induction and exhaust improvement will make the car more responsive, and not set you back a huge amount.

Replacing the cams with fast road ones is pretty good value for money.

If you're talking about an engine swap and a gearbox swap, why not just swap the whole car?

Rob.

Ultimately it depends on what your after.

If you want more power and are considering swapping the auto for a manual you would be much better off part ex'ing your car for a vRS or 1.8T Octy and then that opens up a load more tuning options.

Would work out cheaper in the long run.