Wastegate actuator sticking?????????

As some of you maybe aware, i've been having teething troubles with my octy rs. Sometimes feeling like it just isnt boosting. Well now the boost gauge is in my suspisions are confirmed.. usually boosts to 8psi (std car) but sometimes only boosts to 5 or 6psi...? infact once i saw it go to 6 initially and then 'kick' up to 8 after a few seconds. The maf, recirc valve and n75 have been replaced without luck so i'm wondering (from my limited turbo knowledge) could the actuator or wastegate itself be sticking??? if so is it cleanable or repairable seperately?? or am i yapping up the wrong birch altogether.

Any help appreciated...:confused:

I know nothing about the VRS, but I'll stick my oar in and it might encourage some other answers(contradictions!):

Yes actuators can get sticky or weak - common mod. on vauxhall C20LETs (Calibra/Cav. turbo) is to botch on an assistor spring.

Boost problems can be just about anything though, I'd check over all boost pipes (and IC ) for splits and leaks, air filter not filthy?

ECU may be holding back because of some other fault, worst case your turbo might just be past it's best. Mileage, noise or smoke?

Does anyone know if these have overboost i.e. what is max. and the steady boost readings he should get?

Guess it could even just be caused by the exceptionally hot air temps. at the moment??? How long you had the problem?

Have had the car nearly 2 months now and has done it since i had it, warranty paid for n75 and maf and i put a baileys dv30 on myself. Car is standard (gauges excluded) and usually boosts to 8psi. when it plays up it only boosts to 5 or 6psi and on one occasion i saw the gauge 'kick' from 6 to 8 psi as i felt the car start to pull again. On the odd occasion the car has spiked to 10psi but recovers to 8 fairly quick. Car has done 73k with fsh and sounds fine with no startup smoke or rattles etc. I've only had a quick look but can't find any obvious leaks anywhere. There are no fault codes either...............:mad: .

This is spoiling an otherwise great car............:confused: .

I'm running out of imocions.....................................:( .

Help.................................................................................:sick:

Wheres it fitted and how much are they? I need to find someone that knows what their doing with vag-com as in the past all i've had is 'no code no problem' from so called diagnostic companies/dealers.

• 11 years later...