Skip to content

DAB knobbled by Dashcam

Featured Replies

Hi all,

Fairly new to the website so apologies if this has been raised before.

I’ve just had a front and rear dashcam fitted by the local Skoda dealer and the rear one knocks out the radio. If I unplug the rear and leave the front on all is fine.

I’ve googled around a bit and it seems to be an interference thing with the DAB signal. Of course I’ll take it back to the dealer to sort it out but was wondering if anyone had seen this before and what the solution was ?

Cheers

I'd think that ferrite beads on the supply wire could help - Skoda dealership should have known that this would be an issue as lots of people on VAG motoring forums have been reporting it for years.

  • Author

Ahh right thanks, I didn’t think it would have just been me, it does sound like they should have been aware. I’ll see what they say.

  • 3 weeks later...

Ferrite beads may help. I had a similar thing with cheap usb adaptors in the cigarette lighters of my superb knocking out the dab. Changed to slightly more expensive ones and it resolved it. Strangely I can use the cheap ones in my wife’s kodiaq without issue.

Had this on a Lexus 11+ years ago - my first car with DAB. I don’t think the Lexus dealers had much experience either, as they couldn’t fix it. It was only after i removed the dashcam when i changed cars that i found out what the problem had been…

Funny thing is, the same camera and wiring was put into my next car (Volvo), and has been in my Octavia for over 5 years now with no problem!

Edited by Baxlin

  • Author

I’m still waiting for the dealer to get back 🙄. Ill chase them up next week and see if they’ll sort it out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 2

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.