Skip to content

All In - anyone cancelled shortly after having a service, did you have to pay extra?

Featured Replies

As title, really - did you get asked to cover the service cost, or did Skoda Financial Services just let you cancel?

I think you have to pay the full balance if you want to cancel.

If you are paying Monthly, it would be reasonable for them to ask for any money needed to make up the difference between how much had been paid and the service costs received.

  • Author
12 hours ago, MrAdamwood said:

I think you have to pay the full balance if you want to cancel.

Well, no you don't. I cancelled the one on our Karoq after 5mths so as to get the cheaper rate in Black Friday offer. I hadn't used any of the elements of the plan.

Not only did I not have to pay any extra, after reading of someone who got a refund, I pushed and with much grumpiness they refunded me the 5mths I'd paid as goodwill.

Only issue I had is they didn't link the two plans together so it looked like there'd been a 5 mths gap in warranty cover. This meant that the plan showed a 30 day waiting period for the warranty to start. They confirmed to me in email that this was wrong and they would waive it.

  • Author
11 hours ago, Stonekeeper said:

If you are paying Monthly, it would be reasonable for them to ask for any money needed to make up the difference between how much had been paid and the service costs received.

Yes, that would be reasonable, but do they actually do it?

Even if they do, if they charge it at the actual cost to VWFS that's going to be way less than the dealers retail price so it would still be a good deal. But unless someone has been through this, it's unknown - hence my question.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.