Skip to content

Experiences in retrofitting Superb mk3.5 steering wheel to Octavia mk3.5?

Featured Replies

Hello everyone, first post, but long time reader!

I love my Octavia mk3 facelift, yet find myself yearning for the steering wheel that's in the Superb mk3 facelift. The buttons and feel of scrollers are so much better. Coincidentally, I saw some posts on instragram recently of various versions of this.

I wonder if anyone here have experience doing this retrofit? I have a heated steering wheel and don't need any paddle shifters, so I think its "just" the button mapping? I've seen posts swapping between old and new superb steering wheel, but couldn't find any for a superb --> octavia swap.

Ideally I would hand this work off to someone who knows what they're doing 😂, but I am not sure where to look.

I live in Norway, but could do a trip to Sweden possibly if some shop could do such a conversion. Any norwegians or swedes got some suggestions of where to start looking?

Superb Mk3 FL and Octavia Mk3 FL are different generations @Cairus ?

Good morning...

both vehicles—the Octavia 3 facelift and the Superb 3 facelift—are built on the standard MQB platform. The steering wheel and airbag are a direct fit for the Octavia 3 facelift. However, there is one difference: with the new steering wheel design, Škoda removed the "Menu" button, meaning you can no longer access the onboard computer menu on the Octavia 3. I developed a custom module for this that intercepts the hex code sent to the vehicle's CAN bus and transmits the correct code instead. I could source all the parts and build a ready-to-use, plug-and-play adapter for you; you would just have to handle the installation and the steering wheel swap yourself.

Screenshot_20261005-045244.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.