Skip to content

Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit

Featured Replies

Anyone looked at this and the possibility of it working with our platform?

GitHub

youtube

Basically mirroring Android Auto / Apple Carplay navigation to the Virtual Cockpit Display

This looks the closest option

Github

Edited by defsix

  • defsix changed the title to Google Maps etc. in Virtual Cockpit

Potentially.

I had a 2026 Audi A5 estate for a hire car over the summer and, aside from having 3 screens (digidash, normal screen and a third for the front passenger), it mirrored Google Maps in full. So perhaps this brings that software into our version…?

It’s a hack of the MMI—specifically, the Audi MIB High system.

  • Author
4 hours ago, Cairus said:

It’s a hack of the MMI—specifically, the Audi MIB High system.

Originally yes, but they have a proof of concept working on Skoda. Anyone here interested in having it I wonder?

Ethernet or MOST virtual Cockpit

  • Author
1 hour ago, Cairus said:

Ethernet or MOST virtual Cockpit

MOST

  • Author

2020 Superb L&K here: Columbus 9.2" (MHI2_ER_SKG13_P4526, MU 1440) with the 10.25" Virtual Cockpit.

The dash gets its map as video from the Columbus over the MOST fibre-optic link, which is why only Columbus cars can show a map in the cockpit. The open-source project mhi2_altscreen_carplay on GitHub feeds the CarPlay map into that same link instead. Its reference car is on exactly this firmware.

It's been shown working in a real Škoda (Apple Maps, Google Maps, Waze), but it's developer-only for now: you need SSH access to the head unit and there's no SD-card installer yet. Anyone else on SKG13/MU 1440 looking at testing?

I could set it up on the table, I could test it.

Why Only Columbus, MIB2 STD also have MOST

  • Author

Not sure @Cairus , originally the exploit was on the Audi platform, not sure why Skoda was next.

It's not my projecr, I'm just following, but they are looking for testers. I'm sure with your knowledge of the platform that you'd be a great help.

There is a number of teams doing it and keeping it open source... Some are charging €200 or €300.

Edited by defsix

I have a Seat Virtual Cockpit on the bench with MOST and inactive Component Protection. The immobilizer doesn't matter in this case. I'd be happy to test it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.