Dodge advert - annoying or what

No more annoying than some old Doris jumping off a railway bridge in the rain, breaking a window and getting into a railway carriage, or being chased by a clothes horse.

Perhaps that should be the next annoying race thread. " I beat a clothes horse in my Fabia vRS".

Sorry, but these type of adverts leave me stone cold, they tell you nothing about the car at all.

The Dodge on is even a worse insult to your intelligence.

Sorry, but these type of adverts leave me stone cold, they tell you nothing about the car at all.

They're not supposed to.

They let you know the product exists - if you want to know more, you can find out about it on the website (much cheaper way of conveying information than TV adverts), or by going into a dealership (which then brings you together with the salespeople and gives them the chance to close a deal).

I quite like the Dodge advert anyway...

Rob.

They're not supposed to.

They let you know the product exists - if you want to know more' date=' you can find out about it on the website (much cheaper way of conveying information than TV adverts), or by going into a dealership (which then brings you together with the salespeople and gives them the chance to close a deal).

I quite like the Dodge advert anyway...

Rob.[/quote']

Sorry Rob, but this type of advert would not get me to go into a dealership to enquire about the car. It only works if you already have a knowledge or interest in that product already, and, as an existing Skoda owner, our interest in the brand is already established.

Sorry, but I do not know one person that has gone out, enquired about, and purchased a Skoda as a result of those adverts.

I hardly think that the ability to jump off a bridge onto a moving train and smash a window to gain entry to it is a basic requirement of Skoda ownership.

As for that stupid Dodge advert, that would appeal to my grand children more than a car buying adult.

Only my opinion though.

Sorry, but I do not know one person that has gone out, enquired about, and purchased a Skoda as a result of those adverts.

I can't dispute that, but there are plenty of Octy II vRS' on the road - how did the drivers become aware of the car's availability?

I hardly think that the ability to jump off a bridge onto a moving train and smash a window to gain entry to it is a basic requirement of Skoda ownership.

This is true, but I think you'll find the secretary is an analogy to the Octy vRS, rather than a demographic representation of an owner. :)

As for that stupid Dodge advert, that would appeal to my grand children more than a car buying adult.

Dunno, made me aware of the product, I was curious and looked on the website for more information. How old did you say your grand kids were? ;)

Rob.

The Dodge advert made me aware of a vehicle I'd probably be unaware of if I haddnt' seen it.

So I suppose it worked.

My comment to SWMBO was, bloody ugly car but they'll be desperate to shift em so the chance of a 24hr test drive is pretty good.

I can't dispute that' date=' but there are plenty of Octy II vRS' on the road - how did the drivers become aware of the car's availability?

This is true, but I think you'll find the secretary is an analogy to the Octy vRS, rather than a demographic representation of an owner. :)

Dunno, made me aware of the product, I was curious and looked on the website for more information. How old did you say your grand kids were? ;)

Rob.[/quote']

I think you will find that the majority of Mk2 owners were originally Mk1 owners and already had a knowledge of the brand, well that seems to be the case on here and at the local dealers.

My grand kids are 3, 7 and 10, and they all watch CBBC, probably explains why they like the Dodge advert...........................................:D

Thats me off my soap box:D But annoying or not, its got us talking.

You will like this advert better:) I think the car looks mighty fine in this

Agreed, and even Tinkerbell from here has a starring part in it.................:P

I like the Dodge advert. Makes me chuckle. But that was about it. I hate long adverts. They're ok the first time, but then its just dull. So whilst I think the trouser press and secretary adverts are quite clever, I am sick of seeing them now!

I take it we're talking about the ram Dodge ads?

To be honest - I hadn't seen these until I logged on their website. The ad I saw was the one that shows the Calibre, the look of the car intregued me and made me want to check the website for more info.

Looks like a decent vehicle and reasonable price too, only thing putting me off is the Americanised interior, complete with 'flashlight' and holder.

Thought the ram ads were funny enough but not too descriptive. They should maybe have got a sponsorship deal with that French fella Zidane to appeal to the Europeon audience.

Ahh - yeah the anything but cute - thats the ad I saw, but on their site (I cant find it now though) there were some adverts with people who had this red 'dodge ram' symbol on their bodies and had taken to the bad habit of ramming other people in the chest etc with their heads (very ZZ style). I think it might have been on the Irish or US site I was looking on - can never find these things when you want to see them again!