What Stereo in the L&K?

Hi folks.. not been here for a while. I used to have a Mk1 SLX turbo with full burgundy leather interior. Loved it.

I've had a multitude of cars since including a rather dull Megane and a couple of Focuses (Foci?)

Anyway.. Skoda was best car I've ever had apart from it's slightly thirsty nature (I did 144k in it in 3 years!) so I'm thinking about getting an L&K DSG TDi with the 17" wheel option.

Now I've noticed that you can get the upgraded stereo on the Elegance, but not the L&K. However, it's not listed on the Standard Equipment for the L&K either.

So, what stereo do you get with the full-monty spec Octavia?

Oh, and has anyone got an L&K and what are they like?

Lem, I have an 06 L&K 2.0 DSG TDi. The stereo question I can't answer because I went for the Nexus Sat Nav. Coming from BMs and Mercs, the L&K has all the gadgets I'm used too. The leather (black in my case) lifts the cabin ambience nicely, and I think as a package it is good value for money. You do get a rather tacky badge on the boot which I may peel off, but the door cill protectors are nice in the front. I have the 17s too. The ride I think is quite firm with these, but just about stays the right side of sporty for me. If you can, change the tyres from Bridgestones to some other. They are very noisy. The ride though has softened a bit with the miles and the engine is great with the DSG. On the whole then, I think you'll be pretty chuffed. Oh, and I got 8pc off mine.

Also the Audience in the L&K has 12 speakers (3 in each door rather than 2) and an extra amplifier under the driver's seat to drive them. But on all new Octavias the tweeters are misplaced - too close to the driver and angled towards him/her, so that the one nearest dominates. I have to set the balance 5 notches away from the driver to get decent stereo, which means my wife just gets mono in one ear. She hasn't complained so far....

Ive got a feeling that the audience is no longer an option at all, had this problem with my elegance which i got last week, so i guess your stuck eith the stream mp3. Its ok but not great IMHO.

Now I've noticed that you can get the upgraded stereo on the Elegance, but not the L&K. However, it's not listed on the Standard Equipment for the L&K either.
The brochure is a little misleading in that respect - you could get the upgraded Audience stereo on both models (and it is listed in the "All Models" upgrades section). However, if you are buying new now, the Audience stereo is no longer available on any model - the Stream (standard) unit can now play mp3s, and the only option is to add the boot mounted (and dealer fit) CD autochanger.

Despite sticking with it up until now i'm strongly considering going for an aftermarket HU to replace the stream. I miss me sub.

The Stream mp3 unit in my new L&K is complete rubbish. It's by far the worst sound system I've had in any car and that's saying something - the sound really is dreadful in every respect. It comes close do being not fit for purpose, it really is that bad. It will be binned at the ealiest opportunity and replaced with a real HU.

The Stream mp3 unit in my new L&K is complete rubbish. It's by far the worst sound system I've had in any car and that's saying something - the sound really is dreadful in every respect. It comes close do being not fit for purpose, it really is that bad. It will be binned at the ealiest opportunity and replaced with a real HU.

Strange isn't it! I think the Stream MP3 is great.

Just goes to show we're all different!

Strange isn't it! I think the Stream MP3 is great.

Just goes to show we're all different!

Hmm. Maybe mine's broken then. Sounds like a bad 32k Real Audio file on CD and FM and so awful it hurts on AM. Dreadful it is, dreadful. :mad:

I thought the Bose premium system on my previous Mazda6 was nothing special - maybe it was after all:(

I drive a 1.9PD DSG Octavia and it has the Audience stereo (plays mp3's) with 12 speakers. Superb sound quality and I'm happy with it -- except, I would like to connect my iPod to this system and I'm told that they have not provided an Aux input (cd changer port) after enabling the Mp3 functionality. Any truth to this? And if so, is there a workaround to connecting my iPod to this system?

I drive a 1.9PD DSG Octavia and it has the Audience stereo (plays mp3's) with 12 speakers. Superb sound quality and I'm happy with it -- except, I would like to connect my iPod to this system and I'm told that they have not provided an Aux input (cd changer port) after enabling the Mp3 functionality. Any truth to this? And if so, is there a workaround to connecting my iPod to this system?

Yes it's true and I know of no current workaround although the right firmware upgrade would enable the changer input on you radio alowing you to use an aux adapter but I don't think the firmware is available for it.

Hi all, first time poster here.... just ordered my new Octavia 1.9Tdi Elegance after a test drive in one that did play MP3 CDs and also had an auxilliary input in the Jumbo Box between the front seats - that was one of the reasons for going for the model...

Will be seriously p'd off if the functionality is taken away - I think a call to the dealer is in order

Klang!

Just had this response from my company's fleet department re: The Stereo in my upcoming Octavia...

"Our Purchasing Department have just spoken to the Dealer, who have confirmed that the model you have ordered comes with the MPV input socket in the Jumbo Inbox."

So there! :)

here's hoping anyway.......

Klang!