Kaboom in Sweden/Norway

KABOOM

Well just returned from my holidays in Sweden and Norway and got a few great pictures taken on my travels.

Travelled all around Norway in 5 days and done the fjords and can i Just say what a beautiful country but bloody hell it was expensive!!!! twice the price of Sweden and here.

Anyway here is a couple of photos i took out there that I think are quite good by a complete novice snapper!!

10672.attach

10673.attach

Sweden was amazing mate.

I went for 9 days to an island on the east coast of sweden then travelled around the west coast gothenburg then to norway for a week.

Yeah It is a great country to move to but it is a wee bit harder than here to get a job but if you can speak a bit of the language and are established in your profession it should be ok to get a job!

I just have another year of experience to get first!

• 3 months later...

Nice to hear that u liked Sweden, it really is a nice country to travel in, especially in the summer time, but will do good in winter time too.

But i can warmly also recommend Finland, fantastic people, nature, food and a really great party city named Helsinki ;)

Helsinki is fantastic all seasons of the year and if u like snow sports u have some good places in Rovaniemi And Sodankylä winter resorts, they are one of the norths biggest snow resorts.

And for those who find war history intresting they can find some nice places in Finland to see.

An old post - but how did you get on driving in Norway?

'm interested in a driving trip - prob Bergen to Oslo to start with for a first attempt.

Hewesy

I'm not the OP, but did have a driving holiday in Norway a couple of years ago. No problem at all driving over there - everyone was very courteous. The speed limit is 50mph, but I didn't see any traffic cars or cameras. Most of the roads aren't made for speed anyway. Lots of great scenery, bridges, tunnels and ferry crossings.

We drove from Bergen to Geilo which I think is the main Bergen-Oslo route. Here are a couple of pics on the stretch between Eidfjord and Geilo which is one of the quicker sections. This was mid May; they close the road in winter!

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

I liked this sign. We didn't try the road...

DSC00939.jpg

Would love to go back. Very beautiful and very friendly place.

Sweden was amazing mate.

I went for 9 days to an island on the east coast of sweden then travelled around the west coast gothenburg then to norway for a week.

Yeah It is a great country to move to but it is a wee bit harder than here to get a job but if you can speak a bit of the language and are established in your profession it should be ok to get a job!

I just have another year of experience to get first!

It wasnt the Island of Osland by any chance, went there a couple of years ago & had a great time, we drove there in a one stint with this lot

Cannonball Run Events, Road Rally, Europe

Nothing out of the ordinary. Headlights are compulsory 24/7 so you need some effective deflection, and a spare set of bulbs would be handy. I bought a warning triangle, so that was probably compulsory too.

The main thing you need is money especially if you're eating out. We self-catered for part of the trip and grocery prices weren't too much more than the UK. Same with petrol. But hotels/restaurants/pubs... that's a different matter!

In Sweden have 2 people who can drive. If you are caught speeding & I gather similar moving offences you have to surrender your licence & you are given a temporary 48 hour licence, after those 48 hours you are banned until the court case. If you are caught driving again I believe its an on the spot arrest & directly to the Nik

Its designed to give the Swedes time to arrange alternative transport before the temporary ban but could play havoc with you if you are on Holiday. On the Cannonball we had cars borrowing spare drivers where both the other drivers had tickets.

Its a great system to discourage speeding which I think is why the Swedes all drive so carefully, Its also totally transparent, Generally you get your ticket from an officer although there are a few cameras appearing (green sguare boxes on the verge about the size of a wheelie bin) It obviously is a very effective deterent to speeding & not a revenue raising scam as used in the UK.

I would add that the Swedish police are incredibly fair & will not openly victimise foreigners as do the Spanish, French & Germans.