Isle of Wight meet, another 'feeler'

pixi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember what time everyone turned up last time but I'm guessing Jason had a pretty early start. I think the ferry got in about 11 ish which is a pretty good time for hanging out etc before a pub lunch :thumbup:

I've just been reading the old thread from last time :D anyway, everyone got the 09.30 from southampton which got them at East Cowes at 10.30. The return journey was 20.30. I also read that Jason left for this ferry at 06.30 :eek:

The timetables may change between now and January but I think this gave everyone enough time to be over here. :)

If you insist :D

1) Pixi - not sure about Mr P at this point

BTW, I am testing out pubs for lunch at the moment. I went to a 'dining pub of the year' yesterday and quite frankly I have had better food and service from Brewers Fayre :rolleyes: Onwards and upwards tho' :thumbup:

:eek: I hope not!

Nah, that's too central. We need somewhere on the 'circuit' Maybe we should stick with the Spyglass? Or there's a place on the beach in Shanklin I could check out. The Longshoreman I think.

• 2 weeks later...

Will told me I wasn't even supposed to start this thread until the WSM meet was over :P I'm sure it will gather more interest later in the year. If not, I will have the pub all to myself :thumbup:

Work permitting, I'll come along (any excuse for a jaunt back to the wight isle).

What is the White Mouse like these days (it always used to be quite good) and would be handy from a 'circuit' point of view (takes me back to my younger, more foolish days of racing my mates along the military road in my Seat Ibiza:O )

Work permitting, I'll come along (any excuse for a jaunt back to the wight isle).

What is the White Mouse like these days (it always used to be quite good) and would be handy from a 'circuit' point of view (takes me back to my younger, more foolish days of racing my mates along the military road in my Seat Ibiza:O )

The Wight Mouse has had a complete refurb and the food is ok. We went to the Fighting cocks last week and the place was heaving with flies so that's a definet no no.

Guest Fabia 12v

wherever we stopped for lunch (and witnessed jason eating a burger with K&F) was brilliant.

I'll be along to this meet next year, its way too tempting to bring a car from work but spose really i should bring 12volts to a skoda meet!! she should be back on road then.

wherever we stopped for lunch (and witnessed jason eating a burger with K&F) was brilliant.

I'll be along to this meet next year, its way too tempting to bring a car from work but spose really i should bring 12volts to a skoda meet!! she should be back on road then.

That was the OpenTV - Home inn on Ventnor beach. I was down there today and it was boiling, everyone jumped into the sea :thumbup:

And yes! you have to bring 12 volts.

EDIT, I don't know what happened there:confused: . Type in spyglass dot com and you should get to the web page.

Guest Fabia 12v
Lol, just thought it would be good to have the original line up except I will have my vrs this time ;)

So, what choices would you have from work then? :D

Well working for Land Rover/Aston Martin/Jaguar....