Roomster wins first UK group test

Autoexpress did a group test today of the Roomster 2 1.9TDI vs Nissan Note and the Citroen Berlingo.

The Roomster won, followed by the n=Note and the Berlingo.

Roomster got 4 stars in every category, general consensus was weird styling, good practicality, good quality, good driving experience.

What would you put it up against? They were of similar price although the Citroen was a bit cheaper, AE said the difference in quality between it and the Roomster was "enormous"

Ok the Nissan is OK but the Citroen!! Its a van isnt it?? Any suggestions?

The Citroen may be van based but it's still of a similar size and price.

I think that's the point of the Roomster, it can compete with those van based rivals but offer car type quality and driving experience.

They could have put it up against the Meriva I guess?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a bit of a soft spot for the Roomster. It's been $lagged off by lots here but I think that it looks much better than the opposition when it comes to 'that type of thing' and if I were in the market for this type of vehicle I wouldn't be bothered with anything else. The rear lights look cool and the front is quite refreshing. As for the rest (van, estate, MPV etc) of the look, I like it for what it is. Different.

Good on you Skoda for being a little bold. :)

Check out last Tuesdays Autocar for a good review of the Roomster.

The verdict was: Expensive but worth it

Saw one hiding at the back of Falmouth garages last week, looks pretty good on first impression, will look forward to driving one :thumbup: