can i find out when my car was made ?

jamestay1

While it won't give you the manufacture date of the car, if you remove the rubber mat from the cubby under the radio an flip it over you'll find a stamp with the month and year that part was produced. It should be the oldest the car will possibly be.

• 7 months later...

I think Freedom members are often treated to little 'services', such as the one you mention, by suitably equipped members. Might be worth the investment.

i pick up my brand new car on friday (2006 Fabia 1.2 12v Ambiente).i have the invoice with stock number,engine no. vin no., and manf ref.

will these tell me when the car was made ??

thanks

The OILSHOP site is brilliant, I have just checked out my own car and it tells you everything about your vehicle...Mr Mogwye

Mine was built on 25th June 2004, the day after the Czechs got knocked out of Euro 2004 (which explains a lot). It didn't get to me until 28th July.