fabia radio connections

I recently fitted an octavia symphony radio to my fabia 1.4 MPI, classic and found it seemed to have the following faults:

The radio lights did not come on when the cars head lights/dash lighting was on. The radio did not turn its self off when the ignition key was removed, both fabia radios I

I recently fitted an octavia symphony radio to my fabia 1.4 MPI' date=' classic and found it seemed to have the following faults:[/color']

The radio lights did not come on when the cars head lights/dash lighting was on. The radio did not turn its self off when the ignition key was removed, both fabia radios I’ve had did (ms 402a ms202a). the ‘ING’ function that controlled this on the other, fabia, radios does not affect this. The radio also seems to turn itself off after a wile.

I return this radio and got an exchanged, but the new radio showed the same faults.

Is this a fault in the radios, or does the fabia (or my fabia model) have different radio connections to the octavia/standard ISO?

Swap the red and yellow wires over

There is a special tool however you can use a bent over paperclip. Push it up from the free end of the connector, you are trying to release two barbs either side of it.

I can't remember but there may also be a locking tab to release.

I can't remember but there may also be a locking tab to release.

From memory I think there is, it's a sort of wee plastic bar thing, maybe purple in colour ? that has to be slid along to one end of the connector plug & this releases the wires going into the plug together with the paperclip trick.:)

• 11 months later...

Thank you all for your help... all those months ago. I never got the occy head unit to work even after fiddling with the connections, I gave up on it. but I found a fabia 502 unit on ebay so bort that (has a scuff on one side as it only defect). Vary happy with it now and hopping to get a vw in-dash cd changer too soon. May upgrade to the Blaupunkt Malaga CD35 later as well.

Thanks

Tim