Group buy: Aero wipers

mbames

Went to pick up my left hand drive version front arms+blades and a rear aero wiper set from the local post office.

Just a few problems after opening the package. No rear aero at all and the front arms were for right hand drive... :mad:

Let's see how the exchange works out with Vagparts. Looks like I'll have to survive with the cra**y old wipers for a while longer.

Or.. I could just move over to UK :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got mine today and fitted them before a 100 mile round trip in the rain which was good timing! Drivers side blade leaves lots of very fine lines of water which is really annoying. I've cleaned the screen and blade with vinegar with no improvement so I'm a little dissapointed with that. Passenger side works perfectly and both are a large improvement over standard so it's not so bad! I'll probably get another drivers side blade and see if that solves it. Delivery was good as was packaging.

Went to pick up my left hand drive version front arms+blades and a rear aero wiper set from the local post office.

Just a few problems after opening the package. No rear aero at all and the front arms were for right hand drive... :mad:

Let's see how the exchange works out with Vagparts. Looks like I'll have to survive with the cra**y old wipers for a while longer.

Or.. I could just move over to UK :D

They parts don't incude a rear aero wiper, just front ones.

HTH

Which wiper did you go for for the rear then, I assume from your avatar you drive an estate. As far as i know i can't find one for the hatch as yet :(

Found this part number in the linked thread: 6Q6998425

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/octavia/wiper-blade-recommendations-octavia-estate/49772/?highlight=6Q6998425

Supposed to be a complete rear aero wiper set for the Mk1 estate.

BTW, sorry for the slight thread hijack...

Wondered why no replies to my barrage of emails to VAG parts so picked up the phone and gave them a call. I was told they had actually just shipped a new set of correct wiper arms and the missing rear wiper and that I should use the cheapest air mail to return the original pair of arms + blades with a refund on the return delivery costs on arrival. :thumbup: for a good service!

Also discovered during this episode that my email account has not been receiving any incoming mail since the service provider's last technical update on their end. So now I need to start harassing them. :doh:

• 3 weeks later...