Felicia LX fuel consumption

What is your's Felicia fuel consumption?

I just make a fuel consumption calculation of my Felicia LX from 1996 and i obtain the next result:

out of town: aprox. 7l/100km

in town: 12l/100km !!!!! (i think that is something wrong with my car because is too big the diference).

What do you think about that? Is something bad with my car or this is the really consumption of a Felicia. I expect only 10l/100km.

roby

the better consumption was the 50kw engine faster also, i only used super unleaded in mine and it increaded acceleration / top end speed, and fuel economy, i could easily get 45+ on a motorway journy and and a tank of fuel going work and back 5 miles each way in town traffic, would last me a month, = about 300 miles a month. if i used normal unleaded i could just about get 2 weeks out of it

and shell optimax was better still . for 3p i would use super, it wont make a differnance straight away but a month or 2 later so you will of had a couple of taks through it and washed all the carbon off your valves, it will be much much better.

like i say the 50kw engine is the better one and is no differance on insurance, (because the insurance doesnt measure the k output between the models) only engine size. i just happen to be givng one away, too many cars etc and need the space for a 5th car

I averaged 36 miles per gallon (7.85l / 100km) That was driving with a heavy foot

Light foot I got 38.5 mpg (7.34l / 100km)

This was the main factor to my decision to buy the Fabia 1.4TDi I now get 55mpg (5.14l / 100km) And err lots more power to enjoy :D

I am sorry to say this, but your figures to me seem average. One point to mention is where is your tempature gauge reading??? It should be on or a little bit above the middle line, if not then it is a good chance you have the ever common problem with the felicia of a broken Thermostat housing, i reccomend if your temp is running low to change the whole housing as it is shattered inside and the internal kit will not help you in the slightest :D

Good luck with this though :D

Q

Also run a fuel injector cleaner through, STP offers a one tank treatment which is cheaper then months of purchasing a super unleaded like Shell V-Power (Optimax) or BP Ultima and the likes. It will do the job kwicker and more effectively, at fraction the cost :D

I averaged 36 miles per gallon (7.85l / 100km) That was driving with a heavy foot

Light foot I got 38.5 mpg (7.34l / 100km)

This was the main factor to my decision to buy the Fabia 1.4TDi I now get 55mpg (5.14l / 100km) And err lots more power to enjoy :D

I am sorry to say this, but your figures to me seem average. One point to mention is where is your tempature gauge reading??? It should be on or a little bit above the middle line, if not then it is a good chance you have the ever common problem with the felicia of a broken Thermostat housing, i reccomend if your temp is running low to change the whole housing as it is shattered inside and the internal kit will not help you in the slightest :D

Good luck with this though :D

Q

Also run a fuel injector cleaner through, STP offers a one tank treatment which is cheaper then months of purchasing a super unleaded like Shell V-Power (Optimax) or BP Ultima and the likes. It will do the job kwicker and more effectively, at fraction the cost :D

i got better fuel with a heavy foot :S

i got better fuel with a heavy foot :S

Felicia is so gutless i was always going to 3,500 - 4,000 before changing.... will use lots of juice that way :D Thankfully I only have to go to 2,500 to 2,750 with the new car and will be at a good speed much quicker then the felicia :D

The Felicia was my first, only and last petrol I have owned. Never again, I will only have diesels from now..... mainly for the economy, but I do prefer the torque on a diesel.

My parents have the same engined felicia i had and we did this two car stint down the A303, my parents went to Portishead, and I went to Exeter, so split at Horton Cross Roundabout I was gently excellerating, and my parents were finding difficult to match acceleration especially up hills. As hills are a struggle for Felicia's and needs revs, and my new car just happily goes up without even a fuss, I will save fuel there.

Anyway I will say this though the Felicia I had, was slow and drunk alot of juice, I could not fault its reliability and general feel whilst driving. Just I got bored of it and really wanted a diesel again.

I will stand by my figures 0f 36mpg - 38.5mpg the best i did was outta town driving now faster then 60mph and accelerating at a speed snails would think to be slow and I got 45.2 mpg (6.25l / 100Km )

But I hate slow acceleration.... :D

Q

• 4 years later...

yes the 10L/100Km is a right number coz mine was the same till i had an accident and it is not the same again it is nos about that 12L/km i am talking urban of course didn't calculate the other.

• 12 years later...

While searching i found this:

On 15/09/2006 at 19:57, roby said:

1,3 carburetor engine 43kW

out of city: 7l/100 km ....................40.35 mpg

in city: 12l/100 km ....................23.54 mpg

Old but very informative, see? No "magic numbers" or "i have a very economical car" fictions.

That is (and i know it hurts a lot) reality. :evilgrin:

8 hours ago, RicardoM said:

That is what you "forgot" conveniently to mention...

Another thing he forgot to mention is, that he compares his 136MPI to 135 carb... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Papez said:

Another thing he forgot to mention is, that he compares his 136MPI to 135 carb... 

No, i compared a carburetor car with another carburetor, not mine, i never referred to MPI.

• Groan 1