HELP - Aerial Connector VRS (06)

I have snapped the L shape aerial connector whilst fitting my bluetooth kit.

I went to the local Skoda dealer and was told that the onlyway to replace the connector was to replace the whole aerial, which involves removeing the headlining.

Is there any alternative - is the stereo the same as any other VAG unit? Or shall I just buy the aerial at

I feel your pain.

Did the same thing on brother-in-law's car , tho I'm convinced it was already weakened before I got to it (he had after-market cd-changer fitted by dealer, so I was looking to see how they did it)

Gave the problem to a VW buddy of mine. Rather than replace the whole aerial, he cut the end off a new cable and soldered onto the original cable.

Whatever material is in the wires, it was very difficult to get the solder to "take".

Eventually got it back together (with liberal use of insulating tape, no doubt) so radio works.

Not sure if reception quality has been effected, but I have a gut feeling that someday I'll get a call about "the radio won't work...."

Overall, I'd say put in the new cable and be done with it.

I would be suprised if the lead was 1 piece from the radio to the aerial, I would check either with Skoda(UK) or another dealer. You will probably find the lead has a connector somewhere that you would just run back to.

Guest Fabia 12v
I would be suprised if the lead was 1 piece from the radio to the aerial, I would check either with Skoda(UK) or another dealer. You will probably find the lead has a connector somewhere that you would just run back to.

believe it or not it is one piece all the way back to the aerial.

• 1 year later...

Just done the same on my 06 Octavia.

I went to halfords, sorry for swearing, and bought an adaptor lead to part number pc5-111 which includes a new connector with a DIN adaptor. I then put a DIN end on the damaged lead and connected the 2 up. Expensive,

Just done the same on my 06 Octavia.

I went to halfords, sorry for swearing, and bought an adaptor lead to part number pc5-111 which includes a new connector with a DIN adaptor. I then put a DIN end on the damaged lead and connected the 2 up. Expensive,

believe it or not it is one piece all the way back to the aerial.

There is an in-line connector near the base of the aerial, so there's no need to replace the aerial, just the lead will do. Of course, you could always try Halfords or Maplins to try and get just the plug.