Beloved vRS has gone today.!!!

TIMVRS

:thumbdwn:

Sold my vRS Octy today, Some of you whom I know will know how much I loved that car. Ah well she had 80k on the clock and lots of mods so she was a little " Strained - tired".

Anyway I am moving away from the car allowance and going back into the company car sheme.:rolleyes:

Any way i have a budget of

• Administrators

Sad day indeed for you Tim.

Similar position myself, 78k, mods, sense of change creeping in and tired, maybe....lots fof life still but you know how it is.

28k, fair budget that given todays' options. I'd ask, comfort or fun...I don't see anything that is both at the moment and an estate.

Although...a chap in work just traded his scoobie for a 2.2 st mondeo and actually likes it, for m-way he says little real world difference keeping it sensible. The kids think it's firmer than the scoby, although I joked it's the cart springs, but overall he seems happy.

Maybe a volvo d5, new octy as mentioned or a merc...plenty to choose from for sure.

for me I'm shortlisted with:

evo - what the hell only live once, can be bankrupt many times over.

new octy rs (pd|fsi).

chunky truck. LS200, navaro

transit connect van with tow bar.

That covers the selfish midlife crisis through to ultimate practicality for weekends away climbing.

know how you feel fella, the car i traded in for the octy a couple of months back was my beloved, don't laugh peeps, vectra v6, she had 85k on the clock and never let me down once. top car for m-way runs, was totally at home sitting at 80 with three up and a loaded boot, but drank fuel like there was no tomorrow:eek: the octy is currently doing 41mpg instead of the vec's 27!

friend of mine has just bought a merc e270 cdi estate auto, v nice. vrs tdi would be a safe company car bet.