mudflaps

Hi all, just ordered a 56 plate fab VRS with leather seats and was wondering if anyone had got any mudflaps fitted (pics if possible) and how much. I have ordered the front protection pack ie. front headlamp covers and front mudflaps but was told that you can`t get rear mudflaps. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone recommend a good chipping mod that cannot be detected because of warranty only i wouldn`t mind a bit more power!!!!

Cheers.

Rear Mudflaps can be 'made' to fit the rear bumper, but you have to alter the original ones. I've got the rear ones sitting at home, but i never fitted them, as i dont think they look good on the vRS.

I'll find some pictures for you.

Decron, are they skodas rear mudflaps? and how did you adapt them and attach them?

Cheers.

Skoda, standard fabia ones.

You need to shave the bumper lips, trimming around 2 mm off the inside edge, you will see what we mean when you try to fit them ;)

There is a guide on here somewhere.

*Grumble Grumble* (Finds camera, puts new batteries in, goes outside and takes photo...) :D

Here;

Fabia+mudflap.jpg

Without the mudflap fitted there is a lip on the bumper which is the higlighted area. Trim this with a sharp knife (It's actually quite easy) and use the screws that already fix the bumper in place to fix the mudflap.

• 1 month later...

Heres some before and afters on my furby (Comfort 2001) with front flaps. It came with rear ones as standard which looked out of place on their own so I put some fronts on (Yes, Snoopie the clip is a cow!):

attachment.php?attachmentid=12018&stc=1&d=1163880514

attachment.php?attachmentid=12019&stc=1&d=1163880514

Hope this helps anyone else interesting in whacking some on.

Skoda, standard fabia ones.

You need to shave the bumper lips, trimming around 2 mm off the inside edge, you will see what we mean when you try to fit them ;)

There is a guide on here somewhere.

Hack away with a Stanley knife. The cut is concealed by the mudflap when it is fitted.